Canes bs Deacons - ACCT Semifinal - 1pm ACCNX

Advertisement

UVA is the problem for us, but let’s win it and see if we can get the committee to knock out Vandy or Stanford.

We’ll likely need Coastal to lose again today. Stanford is already out IIRC. They had an awful week at the P12 tourney.

Wrong again fella.
Agreed.

Proud of the boys for playing like we expected them too against high quality comp all year.

Reality is still reality. I hope this a LeBron type NBA scenario ******** around until the playoffs when it matters back in the day, but this could just be getting hot at the right time.

An ACC championship would be special, but to me it means Jack **** with this sorry conference if it doesn’t carry over to what many of us expect from Miami baseball for years and years.

All that said, huge win and great play all around.

Agreed.

Proud of the boys for playing like we expected them too against high quality comp all year.

Reality is still reality. I hope this a LeBron type NBA scenario ******** around until the playoffs when it matters back in the day, but this could just be getting hot at the right time.

An ACC championship would be special, but to me it means Jack **** with this sorry conference if it doesn’t carry over to what many of us expect from Miami baseball for years and years.

When you called the ACC a sorry conference...that's also wrong.

We have some very good teams, arguably strength for strength with the SEC..

Does the SEC have more power pitching, probably...but I've seen a lot of those guys throw. Still have to throw strikes.

Agreed.

TLDR: “I hate Gino”

Advertisement
Yes, and Wake swept us, too. You have to reward the conference champions which is clearing #2 as a conference overall.
The reward is an automatic regional host, which we've already accomplished
..I've said it all along, that we have an uphill battle getting to top 8...like a steep *** hill and were in a 2WD vehicle.

You don't get auto top 8 for winning the conference

Advertisement
..I've said it all along, that we have an uphill battle getting to top 8...like a steep *** hill and were in a 2WD vehicle.

Of course not, but we are playing as well as anybody if we win tomorrow, especially beating the hottest team in the country. Vandy loses today and Miami should move ahead of them.

Agreed.

This is the cautiously optimistic part that can't be ignored. Every year we see some team get hot and blow through a conference tournament only to fall apart in the real thing one week later.

All true.

Let's just control what we can control. That's winning all of our games.

GO CANES!

Advertisement
Of course not, but we are playing as well as anybody if we win tomorrow, especially beating the hottest team in the country. Vandy loses today and Miami should move ahead of them.
And we've basically done this w/o Ligon for the past month. The Committee supposedly weighs those things - we'll see.

This is the cautiously optimistic part that can't be ignored. Every year we see some team get hot and blow through a conference tournament only to fall apart in the real thing one week later.
I am a tortured Cane, like many of us who grew up with it and attended.

I admit, I’m spoiled rotten from my upbringing with this program, especially football and baseball obviously.

One of these really bad thoughts I have is…sure, let’s get another conference trophy because that will be the pinnacle this year.

Truth is you never know. I pray we go on a tear and we see pitching as a strength, intelligent base running…and the bats hot as ****. Just so tough to do though when you have been inconsistent at best all year.

Sorry it’s so long Angry, but I doubt you made it to this point anyway. I would love for Gino to succeed at the highest level…I just haven’t seen any indication yet that it is realistic. We shall see.

Advertisement

I admit, I’m spoiled rotten from my upbringing with this program, especially football and baseball obviously.

One of these really bad thoughts I have is…sure, let’s get another conference trophy because that will be the pinnacle this year.

Truth is you never know. I pray we go on a tear and we see pitching as a strength, intelligent base running…and the bats hot as ****. Just so tough to do though when you have been inconsistent at best all year.

Sorry it’s so long Angry, but I doubt you made it to this point anyway. I would love for Gino to succeed at the highest level…I just haven’t seen any indication yet that it is realistic. We shall see.
Well, beating the best team in the country might be a decent start.

It’s ok…vocab and reading comp can be improved, all is not lost.

I don’t hate him any more than Larry Coker, very nice dudes…not what I’m necessarily looking for in a coach or a leader for that matter.
100% this. Gino is a good dude...but he really makes head scratching decisions more times than not. He's made some solid pitching subs and decisions during our run here in Durham, gotta give him that. Gotta see him maximizing the talent on this roster more though, more player development, etc. But hats off to him and the team for this ACC champ run, no doubt about it. He has these boys playing hungry as ****

I get it, but our last title was 20 years ago, we’re playing good ball this weekend and we’re here dismissing a chance at a Conference Title and hosting seeding by basically saying it’s a failure if we don’t win the whole thing … that’s the reality of the reality… we’ve pieced together 40 wins with injuries to our pitching staff and it hurts some of our fans to be excited about it…

Advertisement
Back