Canes bs Dartmouth Game 1 7pm ACCNX

Advertisement
Even if he is cruising…you have someone warming in the fourth and ready in the 5th. With Ziehl when the wheels fall off it’s going to happen quick. But I imagine they run him out one more Friday to see how he handles the big stage. But it was more encouraging today. If he can go out in conference and hold teams to 4 or less in 5 that’s not awful in today game…but not on a Friday.
It will be interesting to see what he does against Florida. I think that's the make or break game for him. If he pitches well, then the team will have confidence in him. Otherwise, someone else should get an opportunity.

I'm not sure he has starter stuff and really not Friday night stuff. That should be the guy you feel confident will get you a win.

I think it's more of an indictment on the other starters. Rosario should be the Friday starter, but has NOT shown that he's that guy.

Maybe the hitting was just really good. Guys like Torres, Walsh, and Gallo look better after rough preseasons.

Advertisement
Are we too aggressive?
No. It just seems that they are taught to hunt fastballs. The team as a whole is reluctant to swing at off speed pitches and when they do, they usually look bad doing it.

I would like to see more of a zone hitting approach. Look for pitches in certain areas on certain counts.

If you're looking fastball down the middle, but get a curveball right down the middle, it shouldn't matter. Both pitches should be crushed. Too many times we are flat footed on a get-me-over hanging curveball.

The speed shouldn't matter if the ball is thrown to a spot you're looking for. Good hitters can hit the fastball and offspeed pitches equally as well. It's an approach that has to be practiced to become habit.

Clearly, we don't do that.

It will be interesting to see what he does against Florida. I think that's the make or break game for him. If he pitches well, then the team will have confidence in him. Otherwise, someone else should get an opportunity.

I'm not sure he has starter stuff and really not Friday night stuff. That should be the guy you feel confident will get you a win.

I think it's more of an indictment on the other starters. Rosario should be the Friday starter, but has NOT shown that he's that guy.
I think Eskew, Mederos, and Rosario all explain our starting pitching issues of late in their own ways.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nervous Sponge Bob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Advertisement
Perez hesitates with the ball instead of firing into 2nd and getting the out. We can't make these mistakes and running blunders against good teams.

Advertisement
Back