Canes bs BC - Game 2 - 7pm, ACCN

Advertisement
Gabby apparently hasn't watched us too much this season, or he's just slurping. Nice double from Gonzalez - bad break on the bounce over the fence.

Not time for a change, it should be demanded. Why should baseball expectations be any different than football?
If they got the money for football facilities and a stadium, they got the money for a baseball coach.

IMO it’s more of a travesty that this program is where it’s at, more so than football, traditionally speaking. The general public’s view is skewed bc of the national attention football gets.

Advertisement
Carrier is really struggling. Didn't even lift the bat off his shoulders. Took 0-0 fastball right down the middle fir strike 1. They need to be ready to swing the dn bat!!! Very frustrating to watch.

If they got the money for football facilities and a stadium, they got the money for a baseball coach.

IMO it’s more of a travesty that this program is where it’s at, more so than football, traditionally speaking. The general public’s view is skewed bc of the national attention football gets.
Agree, I have posted several times that we could dominate in baseball if it was a priority.

Advertisement
Nearly swing at curveball in the dirt, just stare at waist high fastball right over the plate, swing at next curveball nearly in the dirt. Our approach is maddening.

I just can't believe how man fastballs we take for strikes right down the middle of the plate. I don't know what the guys are doing other than guessing.

I do my absolute my best to forget the b2b years of not making the tournament. But I swear this team is a clone of those teams:

Mediocre pitching
Errors
No speed
Can’t hit
Can’t hit The long ball
Questionable management

Advertisement
Carrier is really struggling. Didn't even lift the bat off his shoulders. Took 0-0 fastball right down the middle fir strike 1. They need to be ready to swing the dn bat!!! Very frustrating to watch.
Sadly, he did himself a disservice by coming here. He needs to be coached and develop an approach at the plate.

We have no approach. Outside of swing as hard as we can at whatever we want and try to yank everything. It’s hard to watch but been this way for a long time.

Nearly swing at curveball in the dirt, just stare at waist high fastball right over the plate, swing at next curveball nearly in the dirt. Our approach is maddening.
Raise **** burns my britches!!! Gino needs to get in his players faces. It is unacceptable to let fastballs down the middle go by at any time let alone hitter's counts.

Advertisement
Sadly, he did himself a disservice by coming here. He needs to be coached and develop an approach at the plate.

We have no approach. Outside of swing as hard as we can at whatever we want and try to yank everything. It’s hard to watch but been this way for a long time.
Or the approach I've seen over last decade is to take a lot of pitches which I don't agree with. They take strike 1 looking at the "get me over" fastball then swing at balls in the dirt or look at the curveball for strike 2. Against good pitching they're always behind in the count

Absolutely. Baseball was the crown jewel of the athletic department. Was.

Gabby, please stop talking about the facilities! All our football and baseball NC's were with crap facilities - we were hungrier and more talented than everyone else, period.

Advertisement
Back