Canes Baseball Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t act like it’s a non issue I would say morris and Gino were driven but you can’t change how much the school costs. Need some vandy level creativity to overcome I’m not sure the school is willing to do that

Ignoring it as a discussion point is illogical, then again I would hope the candidate specifically asks that question and Rad and the NIL team have a great answer…

Advertisement
To be fair, Morris and Fraser were around for a long time and each won titles. Morris maybe last a couple of years longer than he otherwise would have because of that and Blake. We have not been confronted with a situation like he described. Gino came closest, and even despite his dad’s legacy, was still at minimum on a hot seat if not a pushed out.

Years? If his 3,4,5 hitters don’t get it done game one, this board will be saying, they knew everything they needed to know and be calling for his head…

Years? If his 3,4,5 hitters don’t get it done game one, this board will be saying, they knew everything they needed to know and be calling for his head…
Maybe but my point is our program is unique over the last decades. We had two coaches that earned a great deal of leeway through results and another coach whose dad funded a huge part of the program and was also there on staff for some measure of success. I am solely saying you can’t say that we had 4 coaches over 40 years as proof that the next guy will get the same patience. If anything, Gino proves that likely isn’t that case.

Maybe but my point is our program is unique over the last decades. We had two coaches that earned a great deal of leeway through results and another coach whose dad funded a huge part of the program and was also there on staff for some measure of success. I am solely saying you can’t say that we had 4 coaches over 40 years as proof that the next guy will get the same patience. If anything, Gino proves that likely isn’t that case.

I agree.

There is a difference between reality and CIS message board absurdity. This is an opportunity to shape the future of Miami baseball based on the current dynamics of the game. Hopefully we make the most of the opportunity across the board, and make the investment necessary to do so.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Don’t act like it’s a non issue I would say morris and Gino were driven but you can’t change how much the school costs. Need some vandy level creativity to overcome I’m not sure the school is willing to do that

When I say "it's a challenge" I am not calling it a "non-issue". If we're going to do this, respond to what I actually write. Don't make stuff up.

Being "driven" doesn't mean driving to Ft Myers or Jupiter or taking calls from Miami-Dade travel ball bros. It means looking across the country to find elite baseball players whose families can afford a more expensive school, and then selling them on your program. It's hard to do that when you (1) don't look for them and (2) don't have anything more to sell than regional appearances.

I agree.

There is a difference between reality and CIS message board absurdity. This is an opportunity to shape the future of Miami baseball based on the current dynamics of the game. Hopefully we make the most of the opportunity across the board, and make the investment necessary to do so.

Actually, the CIS message board regulars called this years ago. We said when Gino was hired that he wasn't championship material. Need I point you to his results?

When I say "it's a challenge" I am not calling it a "non-issue". If we're going to do this, respond to what I actually write. Don't make stuff up.

Being "driven" doesn't mean driving to Ft Myers or Jupiter or taking calls from Miami-Dade travel ball bros. It means looking across the country to find elite baseball players whose families can afford a more expensive school, and then selling them on your program. It's hard to do that when you (1) don't look for them and (2) don't have anything more to sell than regional appearances.
If vandy didn’t have that endowment fund they’d be in a similar boat as Miami. That’s kind of why they’ve been left with instate travel ball bros. You can’t just look into elite players with affordability

Advertisement
If vandy didn’t have that endowment fund they’d be in a similar boat as Miami. That’s kind of why they’ve been left with instate travel ball bros. You can’t just look into elite players with affordability
How about Duke, Wake, Dallas Baptist, Oral Roberts, Rice, and other private schools? Not asking rhetorically, I’m curious if they have endowments similar to Vandy?

Pretty sure Dook and Stanford have Corches/OPS guys attend the Head First Showcases. I’ll ASSume that JD has never heard of Head First. Maybe they’re not high yield enough? I’m not sure but they make the effort.

How about Duke, Wake, Dallas Baptist, Oral Roberts, Rice, and other private schools? Not asking rhetorically, I’m curious if they have endowments similar to Vandy?
Not that I’ve heard of buuut most of those places, except for vandy have caught lightning in a bottle recently

Pretty sure Dook and Stanford have Corches/OPS guys attend the Head First Showcases. I’ll ASSume that JD has never heard of Head First. Maybe they’re not high yield enough? I’m not sure but they make the effort.
I’m not sure you’re finding top players there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back