Canes Baseball Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Man we got @Cribby in here now. All we need is Leeds dropping some emojis and it will be a real CIS coaching search.
@Cribby moves in silence.........

Sneaking Mickey Mouse GIF

Let's roll w Tulo and his own assistants at this point. At least he's young, hungry and supposedly a tireless worker. And in his short time at Texas, both the offense and defense showed marked improvement.
If it’s Tulo this is a better hire than any head coach on the list. Wake guy too set in his ways and is probably a one hit wonder. Same with duke guy. Mlb guy gives you name recognition and usually better hitting approaches. Go get Adrian morales from Mdc as one of your 3 paid guys to acclimate to Miami recruiting then build from there

Advertisement
If it’s Tulo this is a better hire than any head coach on the list. Wake guy too set in his ways and is probably a one hit wonder. Same with duke guy. Mlb guy gives you name recognition and usually better hitting approaches. Go get Adrian morales from Mdc as one of your 3 paid guys to acclimate to Miami recruiting then build from there
The Wake coach came up short and has been there for over 10 years. Maybe he feels like he hit the peak at Wake and ready to move on? Wake is not a traditional power, this was their first CWS appearance since 1955. Pretty amazing what he did there. Would also explain the delay this week if Rad was waiting on them to finish their run.

The Wake coach came up short and has been there for over 10 years. Maybe he feels like he hit the peak at Wake and ready to move on? Wake is not a traditional power, this was their first CWS appearance since 1955. Pretty amazing what he did there. Would also explain the delay this week if Rad was waiting on them to finish their run.
Weird resume a bunch of tough places to win. Kind of a red flag that he doesn’t have more tourney appearances he’s finished in 1st in the conf a few times assuming he got bounced in the conference tournament

Advertisement
Who's your pitching coach in that scenario?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I prefer the consistency of Pollard’s resume (5 regionals in the last 7 non-COVID seasons and 3 Supers in 5) but either is a tremendous hire.

Pollard was a pitcher himself. I'd love to see if we could convince Tulo to join him to handle fielding and/or hitting. Maybe get the guy from Miami-Dade to handle recruiting?

Would be a nice staff. Maybe some overlap. Back up the Brinks truck to pay them.

Pollard was a pitcher himself. I'd love to see if we could convince Tulo to join him to handle fielding and/or hitting. Maybe get the guy from Miami-Dade to handle recruiting?

Would be a nice staff. Maybe some overlap. Back up the Brinks truck to pay them.
I really like the idea of bringing in the Miami-Dade coach as a primary recruiter with the third assistant spot.

The best part of this whole ordeal, to me, money’s not an issue.

I prefer the consistency of Pollard’s resume (5 regionals in the last 7 non-COVID seasons and 3 Supers in 5) but either is a tremendous hire.
Agreed. Walter is up and down. Pollard is more what we are used to. If not Pollard, I think interviewing the three major God Squad coaches is a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back