Canes Baseball Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you’re Walter, you’ve been at Wake a long time and the program is at its highest point in almost 70 years. Why would you leave? On the other hand, you’ve been there a long time and this is the best you’ve gotten it at a program that hasn’t sustained success. Your stock will probably never be higher than right now.

Because you think it's easier to sustain success at Miami? Maybe. He's been at Wake for 14 years and only made 5 regionals and has had 4 losing seasons. I think that's an indictment of Wake, not Walter.

Advertisement
Because you think it's easier to sustain success at Miami? Maybe. He's been at Wake for 14 years and only made 5 regionals and has had 4 losing seasons. I think that's an indictment of Wake, not Walter.

Have we ever hired a pretty good coach who couldn't quite get to the promised land? A guy who won the conference 4-straight times and made the regionals 9-straight times, but no CWS appearances? Mo-something?

Advertisement
You guys really are hilarious. You don’t know anything until someone tells you. Just sit back and relax. The time will come. When it does ur gonna be complaining regardless. This is officially my last post. Eat a fat one.
No please don’t go … who else on here can tell us made up stories

Here’s what I think, and I’m not a person with info on this:

1. They should’ve hired Pollard. I don’t care if he urinated in the office plants.
2. JD had a massive push by ex players and A Rod, which they at least partially believed was inching toward success, and this created a lot of “JD is the guy” noise. Because that was all over the place.
3. They interviewed PM, but didn’t go with him. Who knows why.
4. Rad has a guy he wants but hasn’t gotten sign off on him, or he's genuinely an imperfect candidate and he’s being thorough with others.

Advertisement

1. They should’ve hired Pollard. I don’t care if he urinated in the office plants.
2. JD had a massive push by ex players and A Rod, which they at least partially believed was inching toward success, and this created a lot of “JD is the guy” noise. Because that was all over the place.
4. Rad has a guy he wants but hasn’t gotten sign off on him, or he's genuinely an imperfect candidate and he’s being thorough with others.
Point 1 made me laugh way more than it should have

Peter Ariz mentioned that Tulo is very highly thought of by people around Radakovich. Feels like it’s a Tulo/JD battle at this point.

Peter Ariz mentioned that Tulo is very highly thought of by people around Radakovich. Feels like it’s a Tulo/JD battle at this point.
This is the thing about JD, he makes no sense if you were making Gino fire coaches and that’s why he quit. I think that’s what happened, and that the JD effort had to be heard out and then resisted.

Advertisement
This is the thing about JD, he makes no sense if you were making Gino fire coaches and that’s why he quit. I think that’s what happened, and that the JD effort had to be heard out and then resisted.
Agreed. Maybe Norberto Lopez was the one they wanted Gino to fire? He left here pretty quick. And taking a step down to UCF means it likely wasn’t by choice.

Urinating in the office plants is a dominant, alpha move and a huge green flag. Bonus points if the plants were artificial.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back