Canes Baseball Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a fine line to straddle. You want to be thorough, but at the same time there are some juicy names in the portal that aren’t going to last. You also need to reassure your recruits and committed transfers as well as existing players and also lock down any good assistant candiates still available. You can bet other schools are in full vulture mode with our recruits and players.
Are there multiple portal entry dates in baseball like football?

Advertisement
July 13 is the deadline this year. The other window is in early December, but requires the player to sit out.
Hopefully, the names that can help us will be patient a little while longer, especially pitchers. The fact that we have received publicity (good and bad) for NIL and our new found financial resources, should help.

And maybe we're eyeing Wake's coach(es) or, as several have pointed out, surely we wouldn't take 3 weeks and then hand it to JD or keep the current assistants? I can see a situation where we've found someone decent but they want their own hand-picked staff.

Advertisement
Canes fans: we want a national search, no more quick amateur hour bs.

Also canes fans: why haven’t we hired anyone? It’s been a solid 2 weeks!
Has it been leaked or said that Rad had knowledge of Dimare's resignation before it actually happened? If that was the case, then I guess we were all just hoping Rad had already created a list of targets and worked fast at feeling out mutual interest with those coaches agents. or ****, I'm sure most of us were hoping he already had some kind of baseball HC list in the wings, ready for the day Dimare was gone.

either way, the extended timeline here would be forgiven if the pick is someone we're all excited by. But the two names that are scaring everyone would make this time table seem even worse of a decision and head scratcher.

Has it been leaked or said that Rad had knowledge of Dimare's resignation before it actually happened? If that was the case, then I guess we were all just hoping Rad had already created a list of targets and worked fast at feeling out mutual interest with those coaches agents. or ****, I'm sure most of us were hoping he already had some kind of baseball HC list in the wings, ready for the day Dimare was gone.

either way, the extended timeline here would be forgiven if the pick is someone we're all excited by. But the two names that are scaring everyone would make this time table seem even worse of a decision and head scratcher.
He's holding out for Jack McKeon

Rad and @Brooklyndee were discussing it over milk shakes during the regional

Advertisement
Rad and @Brooklyndee were discussing it over milk shakes during the regional
Was it those barbecue brisket shakes? 🤣🤣
christian bale laughing GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
@Peter Ariz had a little something on the YouTube live tonight. I heard the names but missed some of the info (there was an echo)
Tulo
JD (as ceo with an all star staff)
PM

And D mentioned Pollard.
If someone listened, fill in what I missed)
This is what has been in the air for about ten days. I hope it is stale and expired at this point, because all but 1, maybe 2, of those options are awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back