Canes Baseball Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I dont think you were bringing bad info, likely from someone who has ties to the program. Maybe played here or even plays here. But outside of an inner circle I doubt anyone knows much. Kendal Rogers gets his info through gossip too.

But in most cases when hiring at this level no one knows anything until its about to happen and a player lets it out and then it spreads.

I just know I hope it doesnt go another 3-4 weeks. We are losing valuable time and you dont want to rush but there are things we need on this roster and the portal could help. Esp since whoever we hire good/bad/indifferent we likely lose a few guys. People hate change.

Advertisement
Yeah I dont think you were bringing bad info, likely from someone who has ties to the program. Maybe played here or even plays here. But outside of an inner circle I doubt anyone knows much. Kendal Rogers gets his info through gossip too.

But in most cases when hiring at this level no one knows anything until its about to happen and a player lets it out and then it spreads.

I just know I hope it doesnt go another 3-4 weeks. We are losing valuable time and you dont want to rush but there are things we need on this roster and the portal could help. Esp since whoever we hire good/bad/indifferent we likely lose a few guys. People hate change.
You know who else was getting info? Manny Navarro when he reported Nunez was a strong candidate for the AD job.

Info has changed. Sources have changed. Not crapping on Canesfreak or LetsgoCanes, etc., but let’s just use common sense.

JD was NEVER getting hired as HC here. Maybe he was mentioned as candidate, but hired? That’s when I knew people were getting bad info.

When you come on here and act with such certainty that we were hiring PM with JD and tell us to just wait till Mondays announcement and it’s Wednesday afternoon and no announcement has been made. Then when we ask what happened, you have no info to share and are making guesses. You are going to face heat for it.

You know who else was getting info? Manny Navarro when he reported Nunez was a strong candidate for the AD job.

Info has changed. Sources have changed. Not crapping on Canesfreak or LetsgoCanes, etc., but let’s just use common sense.

JD was NEVER getting hired as HC here. Maybe he was mentioned as candidate, but hired? That’s when I knew people were getting bad info.
I've never understood how Manny Navarro gets his information, because he clearly spends 80% of the time with a fork.

Advertisement
I for one appreciate the attempt to share info... for all we know the source said they were very very serious about Mainieri/JD... and sharing that might have gotten some bigger donors to contact the program and express their dismay. And now, with Omaha still underway, they are going to take some more time and maybe that original selection will become a near-miss. Thanks in part to our "insiders".

Why are you all acting like Manieri still won’t get the job? Did he break a hip?

I for one appreciate the attempt to share info... for all we know the source said they were very very serious about Mainieri/JD... and sharing that might have gotten some bigger donors to contact the program and express their dismay. And now, with Omaha still underway, they are going to take some more time and maybe that original selection will become a near-miss. Thanks in part to our "insiders".
I could share with you that JD got called in for another interview yesterday but you may not believe me

Advertisement
Advertisement
When you come on here and act with such certainty that we were hiring PM with JD and tell us to just wait till Mondays announcement and it’s Wednesday afternoon and no announcement has been made. Then when we ask what happened, you have no info to share and are making guesses. You are going to face heat for it.
Maybe it was Monday but he is still making his way to the podium?

Sorry…just piggybacking off other age related comments from earlier

They should look at Wake’s pitching coach - Corey Muscara. In 2021, the year before he got to WF, their ERA was 5.53 and ranked outside the top 100. This year they have the #1 ERA in the country at 2.80 and it’s not close - almost a full run lower than #2. Dominant pitching staff and incredible turnaround in only two years.

Might be tough to pull their HC Walter at this point, but can’t see why the pitching coach wouldn’t consider. Northeast native, 36 years old.

Like Scott Brown, Muscara worked for Ed Blankmeyer at St John's....starting to notice Blankmeyer not only won his share of games at St John's, but had some rising young coaches at SJ including other coaches as well. I also like that Muscara coached under Vaughn at Maryland. Nice resume so far.

Advertisement
Is this footage of Rad or not?

chevy chase dancing GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back