Canes Baseball Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
After watching ORU this postseason, I’m more than impressed by the squad that coach has put together. Not sure a member of the God Squad would settle down in Miami though 😎

When I was at Tulane, they recruited a kid from rural Utah. None of the current players liked the recruit, so they took him to a strip club in the Quarter. He left a day early.

I wouldn’t close the door on Tony Vitello at Tennessee just yet. Vols are probably going home tonight and that follows last year when they couldnt get out of Supers when they had the #1 ranked pretty much all year. The year before that they went 0 -2 in Omaha.

Vols ain’t patient bunch and with rivals Vandy, LSU, Miss St, Florida and South Carolina all winning titles in the last dozen years you know they fuming.

If we pony up I think he would listen.

They won their first CWS game since 2001 yesterday. They're not firing him.

Advertisement
He's in no danger of losing his job.

Never meant to imply he was in danger.

Was trying to say maybe he is sick of the BS that comes with Tennessee and would listen to the right offer/program.

It’s easier to win big at Miami than Tennessee.

I live in TN and they love Tony V. here. No way, he will get fired and I would not be surprised if he gets an extension with a nice raise. He is currently making $1.5 million a year and is signed through 2026. https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2021/07/13/tony-vitello-signs-contract-extension-through-2026/
I wouldn’t close the door on Tony Vitello at Tennessee just yet. Vols are probably going home tonight and that follows last year when they couldnt get out of Supers when they had the #1 ranked pretty much all year. The year before that they went 0 -2 in Omaha.

Vols ain’t patient bunch and with rivals Vandy, LSU, Miss St, Florida and South Carolina all winning titles in the last dozen years you know they fuming.

If we pony up I think he would listen.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Never meant to imply he was in danger.

Was trying to say maybe he is sick of the BS that comes with Tennessee and would listen to the right offer/program.

It’s easier to win big at Miami than Tennessee.
If he is sick of the BS in Tennessee he CERTAINLY doesn't wanna come here.

Advertisement
Wasn’t Rad going on European Vacation tomorrow and we would have known by now?

Fake insider szn.

Yes. He just posted some photos.

1687353058824.png

1687353068613.png

Vitello's alma mater didn't even attempt to hire him this off-season. They know he's not going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back