Canes Baseball Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if he is loyal to Long Beach, I think he’s aware the UM job is on a different level. LB has been to 4 CWS in their school history, last in 1998. 0 titles in school history.
And the Big West is decidedly not what it once was as a baseball conference. Light years difference from taking a P4 job vs a one or two bid league even if it is your alma mater.

Advertisement
And the Big West is decidedly not what it once was as a baseball conference. Light years difference from taking a P4 job vs a one or two bid league even if it is your alma mater.
After watching ORU this postseason, I’m more than impressed by the squad that coach has put together. Not sure a member of the God Squad would settle down in Miami though 😎

I would believe Tulo was a legit candidate if Long Beach wasn’t open. That just seems to make too much sense regardless of whether we can pay more than them or not.
Funny (ironic?) - a coach fans might get excited for would take a job somewhere else based on something that would disqualify him from contention here.

It would be ridiculous to hire JD to be head coach under any circumstance, but it would look especially silly to take 12+ days if you end up hiring your own assistant.
How would that presser go? “After 2 weeks of scouring the thousands of head and assistant coaches in college baseball, we were amazed to find out the best candidate was right under our nose. For the second time in a row. What are the chances, folks?”

Advertisement
It would be ridiculous to hire JD to be head coach under any circumstance, but it would look especially silly to take 12+ days if you end up hiring your own assistant.
JD is like a Canes pitcher left in the game too long... his elimination from speculation is long overdue.

I would believe Tulo was a legit candidate if Long Beach wasn’t open. That just seems to make too much sense regardless of whether we can pay more than them or not.
Didn’t LBSU already announce Bryan Peters was getting promoted to HC??

Advertisement
Advertisement
Long Beach is looking for a new AD so maybe that is some of the hold up?

The're flying in Blake James to give him a gloveless prostate exam.

1687300655595.png

Advertisement
The only head coach that is left playing in Omaha that I could see possibly leaving their current job is the Oral Roberts' coach who I admittedly know nothing about. SEC schools and TCU pay premium prices to get and keep coaches so I can't imagine that Miami could outbid them for a coach. A top assistant of a team still playing in Omaha is possible but they should have been locked up already like Wes Johnson going to Georgia.

I wouldn’t close the door on Tony Vitello at Tennessee just yet. Vols are probably going home tonight and that follows last year when they couldnt get out of Supers when they had the #1 ranked pretty much all year. The year before that they went 0 -2 in Omaha.

Vols ain’t patient bunch and with rivals Vandy, LSU, Miss St, Florida and South Carolina all winning titles in the last dozen years you know they fuming.

If we pony up I think he would listen.

I wouldn’t close the door on Tony Vitello at Tennessee just yet. Vols are probably going home tonight and that follows last year when they couldnt get out of Supers when they had the #1 ranked pretty much all year. The year before that they went 0 -2 in Omaha.

Vols ain’t patient bunch and with rivals Vandy, LSU, Miss St, Florida and South Carolina all winning titles in the last dozen years you know they fuming.

If we pony up I think he would listen.
He's in no danger of losing his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back