Canes Baseball Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fax? You mean the Pony Express.
marge simpson GIF

Advertisement
If no announcement is made today we have to be feeling better that we are waiting to interview candidates currently at the World Series no?

Advertisement
The only head coach that is left playing in Omaha that I could see possibly leaving their current job is the Oral Roberts' coach who I admittedly know nothing about. SEC schools and TCU pay premium prices to get and keep coaches so I can't imagine that Miami could outbid them for a coach. A top assistant of a team still playing in Omaha is possible but they should have been locked up already like Wes Johnson going to Georgia. Walter from WF is also still playing but I would be shocked if he left WF after what he has put together. He surely will get an extension with a nice raise.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Let’s get ahead of some deadlines:

- regular season
- regionals
- super regionals
- CWS teams eliminated

We’re at the “we’re still looking at coaches coaching teams in the CWS” phase…

Approaching: also looking at MLB managers ahead of the All Star Break

And just ahead of: Little World Series plays into August…

Patience. We’ve been through thorough hirings before…

Let’s get ahead of some deadlines:

- regular season
- regionals
- super regionals
- CWS teams eliminated

We’re at the “we’re still looking at coaches coaching teams in the CWS” phase…

Approaching: also looking at MLB managers ahead of the All Star Break

And just ahead of: Little World Series plays into August…

Patience. We’ve been through thorough hirings before…
IMG_2337.jpeg

Advertisement
I would believe Tulo was a legit candidate if Long Beach wasn’t open. That just seems to make too much sense regardless of whether we can pay more than them or not.

Advertisement
I would believe Tulo was a legit candidate if Long Beach wasn’t open. That just seems to make too much sense regardless of whether we can pay more than them or not.
Even if he is loyal to Long Beach, I think he’s aware the UM job is on a different level. LB has been to 4 CWS in their school history, last in 1998. 0 titles in school history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back