Canes Baseball Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Another name I mentioned back some time. I don’t think he leaves. But the article has ties to Paul M, development, recruiting the northeast, and the last paragraph left the door open. Whoever does potentially get him one day is going to be lucky. He is the man and when you listen to him talk you want to run through a wall. I got to know him at Camps in South Jersey at The Hit Doctor.

Side note. The Teel family are some of the best people you will ever meet. Rooting for that kid to make it to the top.

https://virginiasports.com/news/202...Ddv-AHGx1n3rraCTWkgEI9PxXgb50&mibextid=Zxz2cZ

Advertisement
I actually wouldn't mind Mainieri, if he was actually allowed to pick his staff and not forced to keep J.D. I'm sure he has a nice list of better pitching coaches than J.D. that he could have hired but can't.

Advertisement
Another name I mentioned back some time. I don’t think he leaves. But the article has ties to Paul M, development, recruiting the northeast, and the last paragraph left the door open. Whoever does potentially get him one day is going to be lucky. He is the man and when you listen to him talk you want to run through a wall. I got to know him at Camps in South Jersey at The Hit Doctor.

Side note. The Teel family are some of the best people you will ever meet. Rooting for that kid to make it to the top.

https://virginiasports.com/news/202...Ddv-AHGx1n3rraCTWkgEI9PxXgb50&mibextid=Zxz2cZ

That's a great read, HPhilly.
I would have no problem nabbing that guy as our next coach. He could help us tap more into that northeast talent as well.

Wonder if there is a issue with medicals?
Smelling Joe Biden GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
Hope he watched the 8th inning of Wake game tonight. He needs to win right away IMO - the portal can allow you to do so.

Advertisement
This is taking way too long. A good AD has a new coach hired within a week unless unusual circumstances like trying to poach a coach still alive in Omaha. Although, Georgia did hire LSU's pitching coach while they were still playing. If they end up going with Manieri, I can't understand the delay if he interviewed over the weekend. Several people have suggested Scott Brown who would certainly be worth an interview if precious head coaching experience is not a requirement. If they end up hiring JD, you will be as unhappy as we were at Carolina with Scott Forbes whose in game decisions are head scratching to say the least. With your program history, you should have zero problem attracting an A plus coach. Fraser and Morris met that criteria.

This is taking way too long. A good AD has a new coach hired within a week unless unusual circumstances like trying to poach a coach still alive in Omaha. Although, Georgia did hire LSU's pitching coach while they were still playing. If they end up going with Manieri, I can't understand the delay if he interviewed over the weekend. Several people have suggested Scott Brown who would certainly be worth an interview if precious head coaching experience is not a requirement. If they end up hiring JD, you will be as unhappy as we were at Carolina with Scott Forbes whose in game decisions are head scratching to say the least. With your program history, you should have zero problem attracting an A plus coach. Fraser and Morris met that criteria.
Go and re-read the coaching search threads on the football forums. This is kind of our thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back