Canes Baseball Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of reasonable concerns over Mainieri expressed here. One would like to think RAD has feelers and sources and would avoid the pick if it's all that bad. There's always gonna be naysayers. He also may be working to get some decent NIL$ in the baseball arena and if that is being promised on condition of certain HC choices, it might be worth a B+ coach. If RAD is just doing the Blake then that is sad and another issue.

Advertisement
Point well taken but Jim is 8 years on Mainieri. Jim has been reinvigorated. Nobody knows if Maineri has anything left in the tank after his time off.
Yeah , I had fat fingers, changed it quick but you beat me!

The rationalization of this board when we get kicked in the balls w Mainieri is unbelievable and sad. Its not about the fact he is 65 - he has had health issues that forced him to leave the game. He could barely turn his head or sit through games. Most LSU fans were happy he retired and claimed he had no fire left. To me, this is a huge dice roll unless he brings in an A+ staff. Keeping JD (if that is the package) isn’t an A+ staff.

For once, in over a decade, show you are serious about UM baseball.
The rationalization of someone who has no idea what his health issues are and current status is unbelievable and sad. And Bs on the lack of fire complaints from Lsu fans

Could definitely do worse than PM. Especially if it doesn’t involve JD sticking around and he can bring in a solid staff around him. Maybe even get a good Head Coach in waiting scenario.

Not my first choice but better than we’ve had.
He would have to bring in a right hand man Asst/potential successor/recruiting coordinator immediately, wouldn't he? If for no other reasons, we'd need a proven recruiter (and 3b coach as well since I don't recall him doing it at LSU).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Could definitely do worse than PM. Especially if it doesn’t involve JD sticking around and he can bring in a solid staff around him. Maybe even get a good Head Coach in waiting scenario.

Not my first choice but better than we’ve had.

That’s where my reference to “needs” comes in. I’m not worried about him, as much as the concern around him being forced to keep coaches

He's already paid more as an assistant than most D1 head coaches. No way he's uprooting his family without being the Big Kahuna.
Yeah I was being facetious. He is getting the big seat next. But one can dream. Coach in waiting?

My guess is Corbin has told him how many years he plans to keep going. If it’s only 3-5 why not just hang around and wait it out.

Yeah I was being facetious. He is getting the big seat next. But one can dream. Coach in waiting?

My guess is Corbin has told him how many years he plans to keep going. If it’s only 3-5 why not just hang around and wait it out.
That's still a long time. He could coach the U for 5 years and if things weren't to his liking easily go back to Vandy unless he flops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back