Canes Baseball Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the idea of bringing in Mainieri and having him poach Cain to join his staff in the same assistant HC role at UM. That scenario is enticing at the very least. This way, when Mainieri decides to retire again, which more than likely will be within the next 5 years, Cain can step seamless right into the HC role. I’d be down with that.

How about hiring him as the HC right now? If he's that good, hire him for HC. Besides this sounds like a coach with expectations to be a HC on his next stop.

Advertisement
Ok so if and when this gets announced tomorrow, how long does Mainieri keep this job? Is it gonna be half season because of his health? Is it gonna be one year and Cora takes over from there? Is it gonna be more than 1 year?

Ok so if and when this gets announced tomorrow, how long does Mainieri keep this job? Is it gonna be half season because of his health? Is it gonna be one year and Cora takes over from there? Is it gonna be more than 1 year?

Wait, so it is Mainieri?

I thought it was @NC_Canes_11 as HC with Cora as bench coach and the team that runs Oklahoma softball as recruiting coordinator(s)…

That scenario with Manieri as the HC with Cora as the "coach-in-waiting" makes absolutely zero sense. First, Mainieri and Cora have zero ties to each other and second, what assistant coaches would want to work for a coach in that situation. I smell B.S....reminds me of that rumor about hiring some dude from New Mexico as our next AD.

Advertisement
How about hiring him as the HC right now? If he's that good, hire him for HC. Besides this sounds like a coach with expectations to be a HC on his next stop.

That would work too. Id just prefer seeing the Manieri hire with Cain as his assistant and heir to the spot! Call me old fashioned!
I don’t see that as a problem and if it is, sign me up for problems !

Advertisement
That scenario with Manieri as the HC with Cora as the "coach-in-waiting" makes absolutely zero sense. First, Mainieri and Cora have zero ties to each other and second, what assistant coaches would want to work for a coach in that situation. I smell B.S....reminds me of that rumor about hiring some dude from New Mexico as our next AD.
Ive been wrong a lot. Might as well keep my streak alive

Purgatory for this cat if the Paul M/JD rumor turns out to be complete bs? He/she seems confident.

Advertisement
Purgatory for this cat if the Paul M/JD rumor turns out to be complete bs? He/she seems confident.

IMG_0337.gif

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back