Canes Baseball Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be lucky fo get 1-2 impact transfer guys if this all goes through. I also wouldn’t be shocked if we lose a handful of our better players.

Advertisement
Recent new poster to the board, LSU Baseball season ticket holder and LSU alum. No way Mainieri gets the job, he was probably asked to interview for the job the same way he was asked to interview for the Notre Dame job last year after Link went to FSU.

Recent new poster to the board, LSU Baseball season ticket holder and LSU alum. No way Mainieri gets the job, he was probably asked to interview for the job the same way he was asked to interview for the Notre Dame job last year after Link went to FSU.
Welcome to the board. You’re forgetting he went to Columbus High school though.

Comedy Friend GIF by ABC Network

Advertisement
Hard to believe with all the quality, young coaches out there we will end up with Manieri? If true one could only hope he gets to hire his own assistants and picks some young guys who can develop and recruit.

In his last 9 years of coaching (not counting 2020 due to COVID no Tournaments) Mainieri won 7 Regional Tournaments, 3 Super Regionals, Runner-Up National Championship, in those years his team was eliminated by the eventual National Champion 4 times. I know you are dug in on this opinion, but as far as the "too old theme", how did that UM baskeball coach do this year @ 73 years-old? Didn't he make the Final 4? Great coaching don't get old. But dig in my friend. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, as am I! Stay well and keep posting with enthusiam. I enjoy reading your takes.
So, why not just cut out the middleman and hire Skip?

Advertisement
Arod is one of the best to ever play and knows the game as well as anyone. Whether he would make a good college head coach, I have no idea, but seeing you get super rustled balances some of the other outrage on the board…

Plus even the unknown concept of Arod outweighs the known of JD or Girardi and I mean he is a “Miami Guy”

Is Ryan Braun available?
without question Arod is one of the best ever and knows the game as well as anyone, but many of the best coaches were terrible players or never even excelled as players so being a great player is generally not dispositive when analyzing whether the player will be a good coach. checkmate!

more importantly, when you analyze his CHARACTER, he fails miserably and perhaps fails better than anyone. ****, he's a HOF cheater. he has cheated at every thing he has ever done in life. baseball, relationships with wives/women, friends, family members and business (of which i have personal knowledge). so why would you want someone like him (a serial cheater) to coach your university team. to spite me? then f@ck you because you are not a true fan.

lastly, look at the coaches we have in football and basketball (generally failures in their sports) but men of the highest character. Arod doesn't fit.

Advertisement
without question Arod is one of the best ever and knows the game as well as anyone, but many of the best coaches were terrible players or never even excelled as players so being a great player is generally not dispositive when analyzing whether the player will be a good coach. checkmate!

more importantly, when you analyze his CHARACTER, he fails miserably and perhaps fails better than anyone. ****, he's a HOF cheater. he has cheated at every thing he has ever done in life. baseball, relationships with wives/women, friends, family members and business (of which i have personal knowledge). so why would you want someone like him (a serial cheater) to coach your university team. to spite me? then f@ck you because you are not a true fan.

lastly, look at the coaches we have in football and basketball (generally failures in their sports) but men of the highest character. Arod doesn't fit.
Biogenesis will handle strength and conditioning for the pro’grum and we’ll bring back Frankie Ratcliff to help Corch IF and inject the players.

Spot on

Advertisement
That’s a well thought out post. Lot of great names. The guy is still 66 years old. When the kids wanna listen to Jay-Z he will turn it off and put on The Beach Boys. It ain’t gonna work bud.

Coach L seems to be capable of dancing to modern music. Let's not get all ageist here.

If JD was an alum of Boston College, would he even be considered for the HC position at the U much less the pitching coach? Keep an open mind on this one.

Here we go again.

The pitching coach for the #9 seed, who had a couple of pitchers go down with injuries, and the entire post-season was fairly decent with pitching except for two EPIC bad innings?

Perhaps.

We stranded a massive number of base-runners. And that's not an excuse or a justification, it's just pointing out that if we cash in our scoring opportunities, then maybe the pitching looks better and/or you don't make the same two decisions to keep certain pitchers in longer. And I know, I know, we're going to get "yeah, but if we threw our first ACC game or our first regional game, yada yada", but the reality is that Rafe and Rosario did great for us in their spots.

I'm tired of people acting like we had already lost before the games began.

So, yeah, I definitely think that JD could be considered for our pitching coach. I'm not saying he is the key to getting us over the hump to a national title, but he is not unqualified and "only considered" because of the school name on his diploma.

And I'm not a JD superfan or a JD hater. And I certainly do NOT think he should get the head coaching job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back