Canes Baseball Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Let's not pretend that Mainieri would be intended to be here for 20 years. He would be coming in to right the ship and put us in position for a young gun like Jon Jay to take over.

Mainieri would be dead in 20 years. Maybe 10.

Advertisement
I can't take not being excellent at college baseball for the two schools I support, and since this is all about me, things must change.
Truth. It wasn't that long ago that Tulane baseball was going to the CWS and not backing into the tournament. Love that stadium.

Truth. It wasn't that long ago that Tulane baseball was going to the CWS and not backing into the tournament. Love that stadium.

Katrina and the Louisiana legislature killed Tulane baseball. Doesn't help that they passed on Vitello for Travis Jewett in 2016 either.

Katrina and the Louisiana legislature killed Tulane baseball. Doesn't help that they passed on Vitello for Travis Jewett in 2016 either.
At the risk of derailment, what did the state do to kill it? I admittedly had not heard anything about this.

Rogers has made the Mainieri update to his blurb about us. Says he’s interviewing this weekend.
Did he say that they are doing medicals on him to see if he's healthy enough to coach? Or did he leave that out? This is probably the first time in the history of coaching that a coach has to do a physical to get the job.

Advertisement
The Maineiri would be a joke. Would be a worse hire than richt. Taking nothing away from the guy because he was tremendous his whole career but a guy coming out of retirement in his mid to late 60’s isn’t the answer for this search.

The coaching searches this program have done over the years is incompetence at its finest.

At the risk of derailment, what did the state do to kill it? I admittedly had not heard anything about this.

It had to do with the legislative scholarships the baseball players could get. They're not eligible anymore. It was a great way to offset the 11.7 scholarships and the high tuition.

Feels like protecting JD’s job in some form or another became the main search priority.

It also seems that Gino really did quit. Hard to imagine Rad drew a line in the sand over Lopez, and Gino refused to do it.
I agree - tail wagging the dog. And I also can believe Gino quit totally on his own. You could see in his body language that he was stressed and not enjoying himself.

Is a UNC AD handling this search? Oh wait, we just give the job to an assistant regardless of qualifications. If Manieri or JD is hired, the rest of the ACC will say thanks just like they did when we hired Hubert Davis (basketball) and Scott Forbes (baseball).

Advertisement
Did he say that they are doing medicals on him to see if he's healthy enough to coach? Or did he leave that out? This is probably the first time in the history of coaching that a coach has to do a physical to get the job.
He did not, but I also don’t think he’s ever described a hire as less than a home run so….

Rogers has made the Mainieri update to his blurb about us. Says he’s interviewing this weekend.
Whoever MiamiTheUMan is, the fact that he joined today and is basically giving us the press release draft talking points, me thinks we have our new head coach already and the weekend is simply a formality.

Advertisement
Whoever MiamiTheUMan is, the fact that he joined today and is basically giving us the press release draft talking points, me thinks we have our new head coach already and the weekend is simply a formality.
And the weekend is for Rad to take Paul to brunch and then to Jackson memorial for a little check up on his health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back