Canes Baseball Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t believe what I think is gonna happen is really gonna happen. That’s a nice check someone wrote to get this done…..

I've been hearing about the second sentence for the last few days.

A-Rod has a lot of F.U. money...

Advertisement
It was the attention whoring…

Fair enough. I've tried to explain to him that new posters have to endure a hazing period...

1686967351513.png

Advertisement
I've been hearing about the second sentence for the last few days.

A-Rod has a lot of F.U. money...
And let’s let this sink in. Arod writes a check to a university which has all the money it needs to get a coach hired that will crap the bed. In what world does this make sense?

And let’s let this sink in. Arod writes a check to a university which has all the money it needs to get a coach hired that will crap the bed. In what world does this make sense?

Let's not forget who gave us $5 million for the stadium.

And as I've discussed with another poster, when the ENTIRE baseball operating budget is $4.5 million per year, even a couple of million per year is a game-changer.

We shall see what the money buys.

As I said, there will be some fascinating conversations soon.

Advertisement

And as I've discussed with another poster, when the ENTIRE baseball operating budget is $4.5 million per year, even a couple of million per year is a game-changer.

It’s not buying the best coach. That’s a trickle down effect on not getting the best players and that’s a bunch of losing seasons. I guess winning is secondary.

Mainieri won't come cheap:
2020:
1686968668448.png

...at least no buyout for him NOW... with a 4.5M budget a buyout for Kingston 800,000 or even Pollard might have been an obstacle, unless AROD came thru?

Let's not pretend that Mainieri would be intended to be here for 20 years. He would be coming in to right the ship and put us in position for a young gun like Jon Jay to take over.

And I thought the football board was bipolar, this hiring process has been a roller coaster. JD rumors, tulo, Rogers not posting his “info”, and Paul ******* Mainieri

Advertisement
How big of a buyout can there be for Pollard? We are talking baseball here not football or basketball

It’s really a referendum on whether Rad is the strong, competent, independent AD he’s been hyped up to be. No reason you hire JD other than bowing to pressure from the folks that want to keep the country club going.
True point. To be honest too…kind of sickening to me, when Coach L is allegedly the 3rd or 4th highest ACC basketball coach after what he has done here, that our history of strong baseball resides with a bunch of pundits claiming we aren’t willing to spend that much on baseball.

I’m not saying in ANY way we are blessed with unlimited funding, but baseball at UM with our history, and the truthfully much lower salaries than football and basketball…to act like it is the men’s golf team..which we are still claiming we aren’t allowed to have due to Title IX…

**** that…baseball is too important to this U..or maybe to me growing up through attendance and after, but either way..c’mon…all of these resources all to football bull****? Cut Mario’s BS salary by $7 mill.

Sorry..but that’s the way I see it

Advertisement
True point. To be honest too…kind of sickening to me, when Coach L is allegedly the 3rd or 4th highest ACC basketball coach after what he has done here, that our history of strong baseball resides with a bunch of pundits claiming we aren’t willing to spend that much on baseball.

I’m not saying in ANY way we are blessed with unlimited funding, but baseball at UM with our history, and the truthfully much lower salaries than football and basketball…to act like it is the men’s golf team..which we are still claiming we aren’t allowed to have due to Title IX…

**** that…baseball is too important to this U..or maybe to me growing up through attendance and after, but either way..c’mon…all of these resources all to football bull****? Cut Mario’s BS salary by $7 mill.

Sorry..but that’s the way I see it

Nobody has said we are "not allowed" to have a golf team due to Title IX. Maggot cut it for budgetary reasons and cited "Title IX issues".

We may be able to re-add men's golf and swimming, but we also need to add some women's sports too. Softball is a key.

How big of a buyout can there be for Pollard? We are talking baseball here not football or basketball
...couldn't find anything reliable, although someone guessed 250,000... but if it's 800,000 for Kingston (drops to 400,000 end of June) it's likely half a million give or take.

Let's not pretend that Mainieri would be intended to be here for 20 years. He would be coming in to right the ship and put us in position for a young gun like Jon Jay to take over.
Why Jon Jay? Let’s be real: If he went to Stetson, he’d never be considered a candidate. If his only college head coaching credential is being a U alum, then that’s no credential at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back