Canes Baseball Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
If it's who I'm hearing, I think we'll be happy with the head coach.
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Rogers update: Pollard, Tulo, and JD have interviewed. Kingston has not. Walter’s name continues to come up, but the timing isn’t right. JD has powerful backers which I think is a lot of what we’ve been hearing. Doesn’t expect the search to drag on. Still not the promised full article.

Rogers update: Pollard, Tulo, and JD have interviewed. Kingston has not. Walter’s name continues to come up, but the timing isn’t right. JD has powerful backers which I think is a lot of what we’ve been hearing. Doesn’t expect the search to drag on. Still not the promised full article.
Pollard-My first choice from the outset
Tulo-A little skeptical, but I can get behind it
JD-I quit

Advertisement
At this point I’m all aboard the Tulo train. What does the program have to lose? The streak is over, so one bad year won’t matter. It’s no longer an elite program either. Almost a decade since last Omaha trip.

Might as well swing for the fence and connect, or go down in flames. At least It’ll be more interesting to watch that way, than hiring “Miami guys” or long time assistants.

Even if Walters wanted the gig, how much longer can you wait while all the good portal players get scooped up?

Advertisement
If you really believe JD is going to be HC, idk what to tell you lol. New sources are needed.

I tell you this based off absolutely no source other than logic.
I think everyone is fearful of the “Former Cane” influence which is probably all in on JD even though he can’t coach at all. I’m concerned until we hire someone else personally.

Advertisement
At this point I’m all aboard the Tulo train. What does the program have to lose? The streak is over, so one bad year won’t matter. It’s no longer an elite program either. Almost a decade since last Omaha trip.

Might as well swing for the fence and connect, or go down in flames. At least It’ll be more interesting to watch that way, than hiring “Miami guys” or long time assistants.
Well, I would disagree with Brown, but he isn’t being mentioned anyway, so I guess it doesn’t matter. I would love to believe that we at least inquired.

I think everyone is fearful of the “Former Cane” influence which is probably all in on JD even though he can’t coach at all. I’m concerned until we hire someone else personally.
It’s really a referendum on whether Rad is the strong, competent, independent AD he’s been hyped up to be. No reason you hire JD other than bowing to pressure from the folks that want to keep the country club going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back