Canes Baseball Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Advertisement
You guys might want to take another look at the roster make-up...lol

Not nearly as many "22 year old D1 transfers" as you think.

But hey it was a nice shot in the dark

My post said Southeastern. Just when you think you've got a great post.

But tell me more about football learning their lesson by hiring a guy with no head coaching experience. That was a gem.

Advertisement
You guys might want to take another look at the roster make-up...lol

Not nearly as many "22 year old D1 transfers" as you think.

But hey it was a nice shot in the dark

A lot more than their competition for sure. Looking at the roster isn't fully accurate - Chlup came from NCST but that isn't shown on the roster - the kid hits 3rd for the Czech national team in the WBC. Myles Daniels says he came from Spartanburg Methodist but went to The Citadel out of high school. Jax Cash says IMG but he went to South Carolina out of HS - he was the top player in the state of SC and a top 100 player in the country coming out of HS. Noah Takac shows his HS but he came from Davidson. Connor Brinson says his HS but he went to SC Upstate.

That's off the top of my head in guys that I know of. Trust me.. I know coaches in several schools in Conf Carolinas, SAC, and Peach Belt. They also have some dude they call "The Nightmare" closing games throwing mid 90s that came from Juco and could have went D1 but didn't qualify due to some home school and clearinghouse stuff.

In March, I was told by an opposing coach that they had nearly 20 former D1 players on the roster and most are legit and contributing at a high level. I counted 9 and then added those 5 so there's more out there not showing. Mount Olive and Erskine used to do the same thing in the same conference but they would roll out 5-6 every year not double digits.

The had 0 former D1 players the year before Powell and then in 2015 they had 11 and then 2016 they had something like 14 including the former starting 1B from Tennessee (Maggio), starting catcher from Tennessee (Houser), starting 2B from Pitt (Hill), a top 300 player in Jae Roberts who got dismissed from South Carolina (then dismissed from NGU in 2017).

Not trying to discredit him at all.. he's done well with HS kids too. Ethan Garner was a great signing and pitched well for them for several years. Pat Monteith tore it up this year and came from HS. The John Michael Faile kid just finished probably one of the most successful hitting careers in the history of the conference and maybe the history of D2 baseball and he came from HS. No idea how he slipped through the cracks for D1 teams.

Reactions: DC3
Advertisement
Paul Maneiri ... what is he like, 70!? I could hit him.
"We have a 5 year plan."
"What is it? Don't die?"

1686868365633.png

Advertisement
Turning 66 in a few months.

I’ve now realized we’re at the point where I’ve heard already heard the worst suggestion short of dragging Morris out of retirement, so any name sounds halfway decent.
The JD rumor has to be a red herring. Rad won't make the same mistakes as the previous AD.

The JD rumor has to be a red herring. Rad won't make the same mistakes as the previous AD.
I also don’t find it hard to believe that there are a lot of people around the program advocating for someone that is well liked, especially when, I don’t remember who it was that originally posted this description, it’s been run like a country club for 15 years.

Advertisement
Turning 66 in a few months.

I’ve now realized we’re at the point where I’ve heard already heard the worst suggestion short of dragging Morris out of retirement, so any name sounds halfway decent.

I remember his Dad Deme when he was coaching Miami-Dade North. I think Paul is a Columbus grad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back