Canes bar or watch party in Jacksonville?

g8rh8rMD

Not a Dr.
Just found out a whole mess of Clemson fan in-laws are descending on my house today, seeking refuge from Florence. I've learned my lesson to not watch my Canes play in their presence, especially when we suck. I told the wife they need to leave by 11:45 on Saturday, but I think she thought I was joking. Anyone know of a Cane friendly bar or joint, preferably near the Arlington or downtown area, where I can watch my team play in peace and ***** about the coaching to my heart's content?

TIA

Advertisement
Just found out a whole mess of Clemson fan in-laws are descending on my house today, seeking refuge from Florence. I've learned my lesson to not watch my Canes play in their presence, especially when we suck. I told the wife they need to leave by 11:45 on Saturday, but I think she thought I was joking. Anyone know of a Cane friendly bar or joint, preferably near the Arlington or downtown area, where I can watch my team play in peace and ***** about the coaching to my heart's content?

TIA

I feel your pain.

That ******* sucks.

TIA

Should have told them to go to Clemson to take refuge in the bunk beds in the athletic facilities. Could have played mini-golf and slid down the slide.

As far as bars go. Not a clue. I would just pick the Ale House, or Winghouse. Something like that. They got a Twin Peaks in Jax?

I had a guy from work message me and say they have a big Canes watch party at the Ale House in Orange Park.

Advertisement
Should have told them to go to Clemson to take refuge in the bunk beds in the athletic facilities. Could have played mini-golf and slid down the slide.

As far as bars go. Not a clue. I would just pick the Ale House, or Winghouse. Something like that. They got a Twin Peaks in Jax?

I think the slide is only Cat 3 rated...

Ale House seems like my best bet. Unfortunately, Orange Park is a haul for me, but there is one near me, a quick Uber ride away so I can enjoy and not have to worry about staying in moderation.

Advertisement
You near the Tinsel Town ale house?

I'd never heard of Tinsel Town (only been living here a few months), but yeah, that looks like the one in "Southside"? It's somewhat near me, but the closest to me is Regency. Anything going on at Tinsel Town? I'd go a little further if there's going to be some Canes fans there.

CaneDog66 said a Canes group watches all games at the Ale House in Orange Park. That's a hike for sure, but probably only place you'll find a Canes contingent to watch with. Sadly, this is gaytor country, as I'm sure you've figured out. And nothing is more intolerable than a room full of those.

Advertisement
Tinsel town area has quite a few options. If I'm not mistaken, the FSU watch party is at Ale House in Southside. Wild Wings, Hooters, and Tilted Kilt are other good options in that area.

The towncenter has BlackFinn and Buffalo Wild Wings. Those joints would be the only places I would suggest in that area. I'm in the towncenter so I'm used to those places. I don't venture much outside of that bubble.

I'd never heard of Tinsel Town (only been living here a few months), but yeah, that looks like the one in "Southside"? It's somewhat near me, but the closest to me is Regency. Anything going on at Tinsel Town? I'd go a little further if there's going to be some Canes fans there.

Yes, Tinseltown is on Southside just north of Butler Blvd (JTB). It is named after the movie theater there. I've been to the Ale House in Mandarin a few times for games and it is a mixed crowd with some Canes, but further than Southside if you are in Arlington.

I think Tilted Kilt has closed down, but pretty sure Hooter and Wild Wings are still there. I think the Orange Park crew is due to the Hurricane Club. There was a wing bar they used to meet at in that area.

Some of us St. Johns and non west side Canes should find a place to meet for games.

Advertisement
I
Yes, Tinseltown is on Southside just north of Butler Blvd (JTB). It is named after the movie theater there. I've been to the Ale House in Mandarin a few times for games and it is a mixed crowd with some Canes, but further than Southside if you are in Arlington.

I think Tilted Kilt has closed down, but pretty sure Hooter and Wild Wings are still there. I think the Orange Park crew is due to the Hurricane Club. There was a wing bar they used to meet at in that area.

Some of us St. Johns and non west side Canes should find a place to meet for games.

I’m free this Saturday, Tinseltown Ale House would work for me. Don’t know the area well enough yet to suggest anywhere else.

Advertisement
Back