Canes back in the mix for 5-star DT Taylor

View as article
They were terrible on 3rd downs in 2017 and they made some changes and were the best third down team in the country in 2018. I'm confident Manny can get Baker to tone down the pointless blitzes.

On most downs, they play a 1 technique DT and a 3 technique DT. The 3 technique is almost always tasked with trying to penetrate while the 1 tech is normally asked to command a center guard double team to free up the other tackle and give the ends 1 on 1 opportunities. It's been like that here since the Jimmy Johnson days. It's why you see quicker 3 tech guys like RJ Macintosh and Gerald Wilis rack up big TFL numbers. They didn't have that penetrating DT last season and I'm not sure they even have one for this season but it's why Rousseau gets kicked inside on passing downs a lot. He's definitely the team's best inside pass rusher.
I follow you and agree with everything. I think our 1 tech is under coached here though. I think Jordan Miller can eat a double and still provide a pass rush I just don’t think we ask it as much is my complaint.

Advertisement
Maybe. Whatever it takes right.

However i do find the Banda hate to be pretty funny. Safety play has been good to really good since he has been here, kids have their best seasons under him and he develops our guys, plus he is an above average recruiter IMO. He gets more hate for a couple of misses that were probably never going to come here legitimately.
The Banda hatred was generated by guys trying to protect Rumph from the criticism he's rightfully earned as a recruiter. People, for some reason, can't just accept Rumph has been a terrible recruiter, so they have to tear down Banda too.

Yeah it’s about time we start respecting banda more around these parts. He’s going to be elite as a recruiter with wins behind his name. I would classify him as great right now though

I don’t get the hate
After I saw bandas wife I knew he could recruit

I can usually tell how good of a recruiter you are by looking at the wife

After I saw mullens wife I knew he couldn’t recruit

Advertisement
I don’t get the hate
After I saw bandas wife I knew he could recruit

I can usually tell how good of a recruiter you are by looking at the wife

After I saw mullens wife I knew he couldn’t recruit

*Reads post

*Town Troll Sheriff sense tingles

*Squints real hard at poster

@RVACane and @IndayArtHauz , I’m asking the DA to start an investigation.

Last edited:
The Banda hatred was generated by guys trying to protect Rumph from the criticism he's rightfully earned as a recruiter. People, for some reason, can't just accept Rumph has been a terrible recruiter, so they have to tear down Banda too.

I got a lot of **** for sticking up for Banda but dude is spread thin. He’s one of the few guys on staff that gets it, and the kids love him. He recruits multiple positions and both sides , it’s not just safety. He’s everywhere.

He was huge in Chaneys recruitment.

Fields is a beast too.

@Cribby, you crazy sonofabitch, I'm in!!!!
1594076676568.jpeg

Advertisement

Bandas a good recruiter no doubt but big difference in some of the kids he’s landed and how hard the big schools were going after them. Bama didn’t go as hard after gurvan hall like they did for surtain, jobe or campbell. Or even with Georgia and how they went hard after stevenson and campbell. And When those 2 schools did He lost those battles like rumph did with the top echelon guys he targeted and that’s just facts. That avantae Williams recruitment By banda was impressive though considering his cousin just transferred to the school thought to be leading for him but then again uga wasn’t an option for him down the stretch so that helped .

Rumph is not a great recruiter but he also isn’t terrible whatsoever, what he’s helped bring in the cb room says exactly that.. A good cb group overall talent wise but not elite.

with that being said if banda does get Williams and Taylor in this class I’ll be singing the praises for banda and his recruiting chops, he still comes off pretty corny sometimes though 🤷🏾‍♂️💯

Last edited:
Bandas a good recruiter no doubt but big difference in some of the kids he’s landed and how hard the big schools were going after them. Bama didn’t go as hard after gurvan hall like they did for surtain, jobe or campbell. Or even with Georgia and how they went hard after stevenson and campbell. And When those 2 schools did He lost those battles like rumph did with the top echelon guys he targeted and that’s just facts. That avantae Williams recruitment By banda was impressive though considering his cousin just transferred to the school thought to be leading for him but then again uga wasn’t an option for him down the stretch so that helped .

Rumph is not a great recruiter but he also isn’t terrible whatsoever, what he’s helped bring in the cb room says exactly that..

with that being said if banda does get Williams and Taylor in this class I’ll be singing the praises for banda and his recruiting chops, he still comes off pretty corny sometimes though 🤷🏾‍♂️💯

brock with his anti rumor radar on

Advertisement

Rumph is not a great recruiter but he also isn’t terrible whatsoever, what he’s helped bring in the cb room says exactly that..

I mean Patke before Rumph but Saban landed his helicopter on Gurvan Hall’s practice field to recruit him.

Come on now 🤷‍♂️

Advertisement

bama landed a chopper in his yard for him. give it up on the Banda hate. if he were recruiting w the bags UGA provides, you'd all be singing his praises

Banda is our best defensive recruiter and one of the top recruiters in the ACC right now

Banda always had the personality to be a great recruiter, he just didn't have experience behind him. Now he's coached up some guys and landed some big names and other kids are taking notice. He will likely still lose some to bags but his results have improved.

Hall’s recruitment was reall quiet. But every top team wanted him. He was on everyone’s radar.
He had no one else visit him after May and he went nowhere else except Louisville. From the outside it looks like he shut it down. And after he got injured no one came to see him. Maybe that had something to do with it also. But Panunzio game it one more shot in May and he still never went to visit Bama.
If you look at how many times our staff visited him you can tell they worked really hard to get them to sign with us.

Less than 0% chance there are fans at games. If you have an IQ above 50, you've known that since maybe early April, at the latest. Playing ball is VERY iffy right now, fans is literally LOL.

I would say the literal most optimistic person on the planet with half a brain would have to admit that their best case would be an uninterrupted, 12 game season, with minimal amounts of fans. Maybe somewhere in the neighborhood of 25% capacity. And this is the eternal optimist saying best case. This isn't very realistic.

If you have anyone in your life telling you that football is going to be played in 7 weeks with capacity crowds, immediately sterilize them. The last thing we need them doing is procreating. Then lose all their contact information.
One of my good friend's fathers is tied in with Alabama's football physicians and is their equivalence of a Golden Cane. He is convinced there will not be a season, period, at least in the fall and especially so if campuses are closed. If that is the thought coming out of Alabama's program, then you can imagine where schools who do not value football above all else fall.

You look at the NBA's bubble, or MLB, with their resources, where they have full control over EMPLOYEES, with unions to hold players accountable, in a fully controlled environment, with way smaller rosters, and they are still struggling to contain this. I just don’t see how football, and especially college happen.

If campuses are closed that also entirely ends any shred left in the nonsense of amateur athletics, and schools are already announcing no one on campus this year (Harvard announced it today).

Advertisement
Back