Canes back in the mix for 5-star DT Taylor

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dang are we gonna have to pay Banda? Or risk losing him to someone with deeper pockets
Maybe there is a reason why he has the ****le he has.
Unless a p5 school makes him a DC I don’t see him bouncing. He wants to be part of the new monster and manny stayed loyal even after most on here clowned tf out of him on here and social media.

NO. And don’t ask me again.

In all seriousness, rumph has to WANT to recruit. He doesn’t and we should let it go because honestly Manny has
Is he really that good of an actual coach that our head guy doesn't care about him not "Wanting" to croot? And let me say i think he is a great coach, as our CBs seem to play relatively well no matter who is out there. However if what you say is true about Manny moving on then he might be an even better coach than i thought.

Since you are plugged into more than most what do you think?

Maybe there is a reason why he has the ****le he has.
Unless a p5 school makes him a DC I don’t see him bouncing. He wants to be part of the new monster and manny stayed loyal even after most on here clowned tf out of him on here and social media.

I think if Miami has a good year, Baker gets a call from the NFL to be a DC or Assistant DC (you cant beat those NFL coaching pensions!) Banda becomes new DC. Reed moves from CoS to DB coach (assuming he wants to make the time commitment). Recruiting is A++

Banda+Reed more than make up for Rumph (who is an excellent position coach and worth keeping).

Is he really that good of an actual coach that our head guy doesn't care about him not "Wanting" to croot? And let me say i think he is a great coach, as our CBs seem to play relatively well no matter who is out there. However if what you say is true about Manny moving on then he might be an even better coach than i thought.

Since you are plugged into more than most what do you think?
Let’s say there are categories of elite, great, good and mediocre as pure coaches no recruiting included I think rumph would be good headed towards great. (Keep in mind what are asked of our corners, we don’t play nearly enough man and that should tell you something). Sure you can upgrade but then the problem becomes what great to elite DB coach wants to work under a defensive head coach that’s green like Manny. And sure money can change a lot of things but most of these programs with those great coaches have deep pockets and winning programs. What can manny do?

Advertisement
ConcernedAshamedBarnswallow-max-1mb.gif
I would laugh if he says that he committed to Miami because of Rumph. Heads would explode.

I agree and I know you have legit info , after your hasselwood post you grabbed my attention. You’re literally the only person I’ve seen get the story correct. From writers on down.

I thought the story was Hazelnuts was all Miami til he saw that players "weren't serious about winning." Was that the correct version?

I thought the story was Hazelnuts was all Miami til he saw that players "weren't serious about winning." Was that the correct version?

No, lol. It played a little but it was more his dad getting involved last second. The parents were not together so by his decision we know who won out. OU just offered way too much.

My buddy who works for the University told me it would take a miracle for there to be a season with attendance fwiw.

Less than 0% chance there are fans at games. If you have an IQ above 50, you've known that since maybe early April, at the latest. Playing ball is VERY iffy right now, fans is literally LOL.

I would say the literal most optimistic person on the planet with half a brain would have to admit that their best case would be an uninterrupted, 12 game season, with minimal amounts of fans. Maybe somewhere in the neighborhood of 25% capacity. And this is the eternal optimist saying best case. This isn't very realistic.

If you have anyone in your life telling you that football is going to be played in 7 weeks with capacity crowds, immediately sterilize them. The last thing we need them doing is procreating. Then lose all their contact information.

Advertisement
Less than 0% chance there are fans at games. If you have an IQ above 50, you've known that since maybe early April, at the latest. Playing ball is VERY iffy right now, fans is literally LOL.

I would say the literal most optimistic person on the planet with half a brain would have to admit that their best case would be an uninterrupted, 12 game season, with minimal amounts of fans. Maybe somewhere in the neighborhood of 25% capacity. And this is the eternal optimist saying best case. This isn't very realistic.

If you have anyone in your life telling you that football is going to be played in 7 weeks with capacity crowds, immediately sterilize them. The last thing we need them doing is procreating. Then lose all their contact information.
I've been on this train for a little bit now. I would say 25-33% max fan capacity. With the way the numbers are trending the fan capacity is going to go down. If we're still on this major uptick when the decision needs to be made (like within 3 weeks) then i'm leaning to cancellation or 20-25% fan capacity

Let’s say there are categories of elite, great, good and mediocre as pure coaches no recruiting included I think rumph would be good headed towards great. (Keep in mind what are asked of our corners, we don’t play nearly enough man and that should tell you something). Sure you can upgrade but then the problem becomes what great to elite DB coach wants to work under a defensive head coach that’s green like Manny. And sure money can change a lot of things but most of these programs with those great coaches have deep pockets and winning programs. What can manny do?
Thank you for the opinion and i would agree with how you break things down and your analysis of the situation. The only way to upgrade would be roll the dice on someone up and coming in the field who is a great crooter and hope that he can teach your CBs how to play well. It's a gamble and what is better the devil you know or the devil you don't know?

Follow up...you mentioned about not playing as much man, but we seem to play a **** ton of cover 1 which is just man with a free over the top, but that does put your corners more on an island. Are my eyes lying to me? Also is your comment a reflection of Rumph as a teacher of CBs or the fact we don't have the flat out studs to leave on islands?

Advertisement
Thank you for the opinion and i would agree with how you break things down and your analysis of the situation. The only way to upgrade would be roll the dice on someone up and coming in the field who is a great crooter and hope that he can teach your CBs how to play well. It's a gamble and what is better the devil you know or the devil you don't know?

Follow up...you mentioned about not playing as much man, but we seem to play a **** ton of cover 1 which is just man with a free over the top, but that does put your corners more on an island. Are my eyes lying to me? Also is your comment a reflection of Rumph as a teacher of CBs or the fact we don't have the flat out studs to leave on islands?
I think Rumph values that bigger body type in a corner a lot more which is fine but the guys we’ve recruited aren’t necessarily playmakers (Al blades is set to make a big jump this year) so whoever is doing the evals I think is starting to take that into account which is why you see a lot more Malik curtis’s and tim burns’s. And you’re right our corners are left on islands in blitz packages but a lot of times it’s designed to be cover zero which I don’t understand with the pass rushers on our team, it’s turns into 1 free because a tight end or maybe a back has to stay in to help a lot of times and all of our safeties except bubba bolden usually recognize it slowly. If you’ve ever wondered why sometimes the safety over the top is a step late that’s usually why

But to be honest having great players is the reason why I feel like a lot of the things we do with our scheme are stupid. Like man just put 4 of those horses down on 3rd and long and let them go. You don’t have to be as exotic with better players and our defense has three elite players in my opinion. Two edge and one safety

Pure speculation but it seemed odd last year with the reports Rumph was essentially fired, then a 180 happened. The only thing I can think is that we had a target CB coach, that plan fell through, and based on what else was available, Rumph was then retained.

Advertisement
Back