Canes back in the mix for 5-star DT Taylor

View as article
I know a person pretty connected with UF and I asked him what I was told and he said the same thing. There was all kinds of momentum for UF to land them all and suddenly it’s looking like it could be zero. Which is odd since they were supposedly leaning UF.

I do know UF has rubbed some Sfla kids wrong , walker being one. Maybe the word is getting out , that’s just a guess on my part.
That’s interesting, hopefully with a successful season we could pull a couple from Palmetto. I’m also interested to see what happens with Savion Collins if UF is indeed fading.

Advertisement
This is why I’m concerned as a Miami fan. If boosters from Tennessee can just swoop in and start taking 5 stars like they just went to the playoffs 2 years in a row then let’s just be happy with the coastal cause now there is another school that’s in the south Florida recruiting sweepstakes.

Lol soft shouldered fans like this make me laugh as if middle tier SEC schools haven’t always been buying away prospects for years...

News flash it’s always been like this.. Miami has NEVER put some mythical fence around the “state of Miami” even during our prime years

Sorry if this is a news flash about us never winning “recruiting titles”

Miami was built on forward thinking coaches and speed to kill. Which is funny how we’ve hired *** backward coaches since butch who live in the pro style bro offense mind set

Lol soft shouldered fans like this make me laugh as if middle tier SEC schools haven’t always been buying away prospects for years...

News flash it’s always been like this.. Miami has NEVER put some mythical fence around the “state of Miami” even during our prime years

Sorry if this is a news flash about us never winning “recruiting titles”

Miami was built on forward thinking coaches and speed to kill. Which is funny how we’ve hired *** backward coaches since butch who live in the pro style bro offense mind set
Evaluations were a lot different in 1998. You guys want UM to pull out kids like Rousseau at 15 dudes per class while nobody notices. It’s not the 80’s were speed over size is some crazy out of left field approach. Even a dude like Miller that was hiding in the middle of the state got offered by bama right after we did but couldn’t get any traction cause it was so late in the process. Do we need to do things differently? Maybe. Have we hired coaches that are *** backwards absolutely. Should we have won the coastal a lot of times? Inexcusable that we haven’t. Can we beat the Clemson’s and Bama’s of the world if we only recruit slightly better than we have while they get the cream of the crop and spend 2 million a year recruiting, evaluating and buying the whole family? I sure hope so.
I’m one of the first people to say start recruiting elsewhere. But if we are then we better keep the frank gores and Sean Taylors from right here. When people down here talk about Leonard Taylor for example they aren’t taking about him like he grows on trees. The same for Williams. Those are the things I’m talking about and not some team made up of 85 schollies from 3 counties.

Advertisement
Evaluations were a lot different in 1998. You guys want UM to pull out kids like Rousseau at 15 dudes per class while nobody notices. It’s not the 80’s were speed over size is some crazy out of left field approach. Even a dude like Miller that was hiding in the middle of the state got offered by bama right after we did but couldn’t get any traction cause it was so late in the process. Do we need to do things differently? Maybe. Have we hired coaches that are *** backwards absolutely. Should we have won the coastal a lot of times? Inexcusable that we haven’t. Can we beat the Clemson’s and Bama’s of the world if we only recruit slightly better than we have while they get the cream of the crop and spend 2 million a year recruiting, evaluating and buying the whole family? I sure hope so.
I’m one of the first people to say start recruiting elsewhere. But if we are then we better keep the frank gores and Sean Taylors from right here. When people down here talk about Leonard Taylor for example they aren’t taking about him like he grows on trees. The same for Williams. Those are the things I’m talking about and not some team made up of 85 schollies from 3 counties.

We don’t need a top 3 recruiting class to beat the big boys...

Like I said we need forward thinking coaches who have schemes that highlight our players we get... fast and aggressiveness.

Last time I checked Clemson was not ever getting top 3 classes until the past season and they’ve won a couple of nattys

I know a person pretty connected with UF and I asked him what I was told and he said the same thing. There was all kinds of momentum for UF to land them all and suddenly it’s looking like it could be zero. Which is odd since they were supposedly leaning UF.

I do know UF has rubbed some Sfla kids wrong , walker being one. Maybe the word is getting out , that’s just a guess on my part.

1589402701806.jpeg

We don’t need a top 3 recruiting class to beat the big boys...

Like I said we need forward thinking coaches who have schemes that highlight our players we get... fast and aggressiveness.

Last time I checked Clemson was not ever getting top 3 classes until the past season and they’ve won a couple of nattys
Correct. But they recruit at key positions in a ridiculously high level. QB and DT. And they won 2 natty’s with arguably 2 of the best dudes to come out at that position in a while. They had a more talented team after Watson left amd got spanked. But I agree they have definitely outplayed their talent and their draft numbers prove it. What I’m saying is that we live in an area with dudes that are game changing talents and we haven’t been able to keep any of them. With laser cycle as the exception. Which is quite ironic.
But I agree that we do t need to recruit at a top 3 level To win.

The situation with Coach Hova has had a big time effect on their recruiting, they underestimated how bad a look it was for him to go at Wilcoxson.

I don't think that's gonna help us any with the Palmetto boys, but the SEC powers (UGA, LSU, Bama, Clemson even though they're not SEC) are all using it against them big time.

Also quite a few people have said that Brewster's overly ****y recruiting style is backfiring, lots of coaches are telling recruits that you cannot trust UF's staff & are negative recruiting against them heavily & specifically pointing out Brewster as a known liar.

I posted on it back in the Gator tears thread a while back when @RVACane asked me about it, but that's essentially the gist of what's going on.

Advertisement
The situation with Coach Hova has had a big time effect on their recruiting, they underestimated how bad a look it was for him to go at Wilcoxson.

I don't think that's gonna help us any with the Palmetto boys, but the SEC powers (UGA, LSU, Bama, Clemson even though they're not SEC) are all using it against them big time.

Also quite a few people have said that Brewster's overly ****y recruiting style is backfiring, lots of coaches are telling recruits that you cannot trust UF's staff & are negative recruiting against them heavily & specifically pointing out Brewster as a known liar.

I posted on it back in the Gator tears thread a while back when @RVACane asked me about it, but that's essentially the gist of what's going on.

I remember that.

I actually posted in the gator tears thread that I expect changes in their recruiting dept / staff, hova is the first to go imo. I said we had a zero percent chance with this guys so maybe it’s up to 5, maybe 10 lol

I remember that.

I actually posted in the gator tears thread that I expect changes in their recruiting dept / staff, hova is the first to go imo. I said we had a zero percent chance with this guys so maybe it’s up to 5, maybe 10 lol
Both of you had those comments. I know I raised Hova. I think between the Hova debacle with Wilcoxson and then when Brashad Smith decommitted, you stopped hearing about Savion Collins and now with the rumblings with Taylor - Something’s definitely happened. I know I asked @Goulds Cane if he heard anything but I can’t recall the response.

Brewster is at his 3rd school in 3 years and probably won’t be at Florida for much longer, the big SEC’s school will definitely use that against him.

And now Walker is a witness...

Advertisement
Both of you had those comments. I know I raised Hova. I think between the Hova debacle with Wilcoxson and then when Brashad Smith decommitted, you stopped hearing about Savion Collins and now with the rumblings with Taylor - Something’s definitely happened. I know I asked @Goulds Cane if he heard anything but I can’t recall the response.
It's well known that Hova is a ***** punk ***** but whats happening to UFag is what happens to the Canes every single recruiting cycle (kids playing games) the Gaytors just don't know how to deal because they're in the "vaunted SEC"

Advertisement
You wanna talk about a meltdown....

If they go 0 for at Palmetto it will be the greatest thing I’ve ever seen. Avantae Williams and Jacorey Brooks x159870877000. One of those mfs might drive to Gainesville and try to hurt Mullen.
That’s a guaranteed implosion if they go 0-5 at Palmetto. We have screenshots in Gator Tears and dialogue on it. They’re approaching being on eggshells right now.

It's well known that Hova is a ***** punk ***** but whats happening to UFag is what happens to the Canes every single recruiting cycle (kids playing games) the Gaytors just don't know how to deal because they're in the "vaunted SEC"
I thought Hova was popular down south bc he was from there like Cooney?

Advertisement
Back