Canes at UNC

shoeless

Retired staff
Premium
Very big series this weekend in Chapel Hill. We are right in the hosting mix right now but a series win at UNC this weekend would put us in a very good situation. Virginia has been tumbling with some injuries and we stand at the top of the Coastal right now. A series win would put some room between us and 2nd place. Our RPI is going to be high with the schedule that we have played with Florida and Wright St. Throw in series at Louisville, UNC, and Virginia, along with home series with FSU and GT and we have some serious opportunities. The only thing right we have going against us is that we really don't have a big series win. We have had 2 real opportunites and we lost both series (UF and Louisville). That is not to say sweeping NC State and winning series vs Wright St. and Wake weren't nice, just not marquee wins. This is a nice chance. Let''s go Canes.

Side note: whoever did our schedule should be fired. Why do we play our toughest away series in the freezing cold!!!!!!

Advertisement
Game is delayed because of rain.. Will update when I see any info.

Just announced 7:15 start time.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thanks! This is more BS! There is no weather delay. A pack of lies! I blame that ******* Shalala and Golden and Fake James! Man, when is this atheletic program gonna man up?

:(

I'm like chugging rum, and made scratchbuilt 5 bean chili, which will cover real mexican tamales, smothered in cheese! I'm ready, baby! Why can't the ******* Canes just come out and play a **** game once or twice a season? "It's too cold!" in loiuesville, now "It's too warm" in North Carolina? Jesus! Do thjey make Hurricanes Logo Maxi Pads?

Advertisement
Still canes 1-0 after 4 Woodrey with the 1 hitter so far. Caroline's pitcher is settling in and striking our guys out but his pitch count is really high to be so early in the game.

Great job by Woodrey getting out of a jam and stranding UNC runner at 3rd. 1-0 Canes after 5.

We lost our bats. Looks like the FGCU game last year was the start of a huge win streak, and this year's FGCU game spelled the beginning of a "Golden 2014 Wheels come off the bus" debacle. We can't beat good teams on Friday or Sunday, it seems. :(

Advertisement
We are throwing a shutout 2 hitter but you're already counting this as a loss. Good logic.

Blown call at first base on a bunt play called safe just costed us 2 runs. 3-1 UNC and woodreys confidence is shot.

Three series against ranked opponents, ,(and all of them against a rebuilding gatas, UNC and UL ) and three bad series losses. No WAY in **** we should be ranked come Monday.

This is Morris' "Golden 2014" year. No way this team should be out of the top 20.

Good thing the program is gonna be handed off to an assistant. Will work out as well as the Fester to Radio transition, I bet.

We don't hit against good teams. We don't field well against anybody, and our baserunning is coached by the Three Stooges.

Advertisement
Three series against ranked opponents, ,(and all of them against a rebuilding gatas, UNC and UL ) and three bad series losses. No WAY in **** we should be ranked come Monday.

This is Morris' "Golden 2014" year. No way this team should be out of the top 20.

Good thing the program is gonna be handed off to an assistant. Will work out as well as the Fester to Radio transition, I bet.

We don't hit against good teams. We don't field well against anybody, and our baserunning is coached by the Three Stooges.

Not discounting any of that but the first base umpire that blew a major call decided this one. 3-1 heels bottom 8.

Advertisement
Back