Canes at UNC - Game 3 - 3:30pm ACCNX

Advertisement
My dad was a UPS driver for like 35 years and way back when before UNC was actually semi decent at football Miami lost to them in football and one of his UPS Co workers came to work that next Monday and was ragging on my dad. He was like holy **** man you guys lost to Baby Blue LOL...so ever since then it's always F U Baby Blue... Makes em sound pretty soft so I dig it
Well, it’ll be two of us echoing this! Lol

Advertisement
Ugly bats. But only allowing 3 runs with our pitching staff status. Great game there.
That’s the story of the weekend for me. Against all odds our staff won us the game in game 3. Horrific management all weekend mixed with some bad play from our guys as well.

Happy for the series win on the road but can’t say I’m taking much from this series besides Gino has to be forcibly removed from 3rd asap

That’s the story of the weekend for me. Against all odds our staff won us the game in game 3. Horrific management all weekend mixed with some bad play from our guys as well.

Happy for the series win on the road but can’t say I’m taking much from this series besides Gino has to be forcibly removed from 3rd asap
Forcibly removed as a coach. Just amazingly bad hitting, pitching and baserunning iq. Too much talent I promise you our pitchers would be so much better with quality mental and spin coaching. Smdh.

Advertisement
Was following game 2 on my phone at the beach and knew for certain that Gallo would allow a walk-off HR. Thought for sure we'd turn around and get beat in game 3 but it feels great to be wrong.

One final word on the series and ACC standings.

A very scrappy series for the Canes. There are still areas of improvement needed with runners in scoring position. Pitching is not as desired at times.

However, the team showed it's moxy. Its grit. They didn't fall victim to the walk off loss of game 2 extra innings. They fought hard and earned a much needed victory in game 3 to take the series. The bullpen really came through in game 3. A proud moment for the ball club getting its 1st road ACC series win and doing so against the #13 ranked team on top of it.

Now, for what could have been and what can be.

One strike away from winning game 2. A series sweep would have put Miami only 1 game behind UVA. UVA lost the 1st 2 games of their series against Pitt for a series loss. They are now 11-6. Pitt will go for the series sweep tomorrow.

If Miami could have swept UNC and taken just 1 game at UVA, they would be at 12-6 leading the Coastal by 1 full game over UVA. That's how close and how crazy things are.

The good news is that Miami has 12 ACC games remaining and an opportunity to get another road series win against a ranked team in Louisville. If the Canes could go 10-2 down the stretch, I think they'd have a great shot at winning the Coastal. More importantly is winning all of the remaining 4 ACC series to lock up a post season host bid.

It's been frustrating at times, but it's also been entertaining. Win or lose, I enjoy watching Canes baseball. It's always more enjoyable when they win.

GO CANES!!!!

Feels like Carrier coming on could be big for this team. That 3rd OF spot has been a big hole all season. If Carrier keeps this up, a Levenson/Villegas/Carrier OF is really solid.

Loved the fight in the team this weekend - good to see.

And maybe, this series was the emergence of the Carrier we've all been hoping for.

Advertisement
Hard though it is to believe, we’ve run through the worst of our schedule in hosting position. We’ve gotta handle our **** the rest of the way, but it’s in our hands. Need Ligon back for sure.
This. Take care of business the rest of the way, 8 - 4 should do it, and we should host a regional. National seed is probably a pipe dream at this point.

I just hope we're healthy and playing well a month from now. That's been the recipe in the CBB post-season.

I don’t think I’ve ever watched a series where the skipper makes this many costly mistakes
That's a little harsh for this series, in that Thursday was probably one of his best coached games ever. And his pitching moves in the rubber match worked out.

But ya, some of his offensive substitutions are head scratchers.

That's a little harsh for this series, in that Thursday was probably one of his best coached games ever. And his pitching moves in the rubber match worked out.

But ya, some of his offensive substitutions are head scratchers.
Baserunning calls & decisions at 3rd were egregiously bad all series

Advertisement
Baserunning calls & decisions at 3rd were egregiously bad all series
Those have been bad since his first stint as an assistant under Morris. He doesn’t have a feel for it, and probably never will at this point.

Pitching decisions were A+ on Thursday and poor in Game 2 (Scinta). I’m honestly not sure there were right decisions to make in the final game, and it certainly worked out. Someone posted in earlier in the thread that he was kinda forced to abandon him matchup philosophy this afternoon, and I think that really served him well. It’s really what was so effective on Thursday. I’ve always been of a philosophy that you just let your best relievers pitch.

Last edited:
This. Take care of business the rest of the way, 8 - 4 should do it, and we should host a regional. National seed is probably a pipe dream at this point.

I just hope we're healthy and playing well a month from now. That's been the recipe in the CBB post-season.
This year with the ACC both respected and bunched besides Wake, 7-5 would give you a good chance to host too, but I always prefer to get to 18 wins to take your destiny out of the committee’s hands.

Like you said, national seed would take a run like we had middle of last year, with a 10-2 or 11-1 finish. That’s hard to imagine.

Those have been bad since his first stint as an assistant under Morris. He doesn’t have a feel for it, and probably never will at this point.
Strange, seeing as how he himself was known as a plus baserunner and stole like 40 bases in a season. You’d think he’d at least have a clue out there - but we are the worst team on the bases I’ve ever seen, literally .

Pitching decisions were A+ on Thursday and poor in Game 2 (Scinta). I’m honestly not sure there were right decisions to make in the final game, and it certainly worked out. Someone posted in earlier in the thread that he was kinda forced to abandon him matchup philosophy this afternoon, and I think that really served him well. It’s really what was so effective on Thursday. I’ve always been of a philosophy that you just let your best relievers pitch.
Yet Scinta pitched well on Saturday as did Torres, who got rocked on Friday. Maybe Walters was extended but he gave up a critical home run. It happens.

This team desperately needs Ligon back in the rotation.

Advertisement
Back