Official CANES at FIU 5/16/23 6:30 PM EST: Canes destroy FIU 17-3

Advertisement
Question Why does FIU suck in baseball? School in Miami Florida loaded with players. State school and they are almost always bad.

Advertisement
Question Why does FIU suck in baseball? School in Miami Florida loaded with players. State school and they are almost always bad.
3rd rate conference. 3rd rate school. 3rd rate facilities. Not a mystery.

They were decent under Turtle though. It’d take a special kind of coach to get them going.

The new coach missed most of the portal window and the recruiting period as he was hired in the middle of the summer. He’ll ditch Mervyl’s guys and get his own players. I think he’ll do a good job but the school doesn’t invest in its sports programs.

Don Bomba!!!!! Boom!!!!
burning bart simpson GIF
Jacoby getting his opportunity in the 2nd to last week of season is comical. At least he’s taking advantage of it but it screams incompetence
This should have happened at least 2 months ago.

Maybe this will keep him from transferring for next year if he's going to be the everyday starter at CF moving forward and for 2024.

He does so much with his speed that we don't have with anyone else on the team except Kayfus, or YoYo who run better than other guys at their position. Long puts pressure on the defense and defensively, I think he's the best CF we have because with his speed, he can get to balls the other guys can't.

I don't have any stats, but one could argue he's a 2-run player per game. He's going to score or RBI at least one run, and then get to a ball defensively to take away at least 1 run.

I'm not saying he's "all world", but I think he's the best we have at the CF position and he's earned his right for playing time months ago.

Advertisement
If Dom is the last pick of the draft he should go. With wayyy less rounds he should strike while the iron is hot because next year he would need. To do even more and he’d have no leverage as a senior.

Mr Consistency but I’m exited for the two we have coming in because they have unreal upside.

If Dom is the last pick of the draft he should go. With wayyy less rounds he should strike while the iron is hot because next year he would need. To do even more and he’d have no leverage as a senior.

Mr Consistency but I’m exited for the two we have coming in because they have unreal upside.
Will they make it to campus?

Advertisement
There's no way Rosario is starting this weekend imo.

Don't care what those WVUM homers have to say about it either.

Oh and in this house we believe that science is real and Dom should bat 2nd.

Last edited:
Will they make it to campus?
The MLB draft is so different now. I'd like to think at least 1 will. Probably both. MLB is a grown man league. You take an 18 year old he may be 4-5 years. You take these 22-23 year old Jrs/Sr's who have done it in high level college leagues you may get them in 1-2 years now. Especially with the emphasis on power.

Going to be interesting to see how the draft continues to evolve. But I'd love it if we landed 95% of our class again. We have a couple huge shoes to fill the next 2 years so we need it.

There's no way Rosario is starting this weekend imo.

Don't care what those WVUM homers have to say about it either.

Oh and in this house we believe that science is real and Dom should bat 2nd.
33 pitches last night. He might be used as an opener for 2 innings before the inevitable implosion.

Advertisement
33 pitches last night. He might be used as an opener for 2 innings before the inevitable implosion.
Let's hope last night was an indication of his new role. He simply cannot start against decent teams in the post-season, because we'll be playing catch-up and that is a tall order against good competition.

Your opener idea could work, but Gino never seems to remove him until the damage is done.

Let's hope last night was an indication of his new role. He simply cannot start against decent teams in the post-season, because we'll be playing catch-up and that is a tall order against good competition.

Your opener idea could work, but Gino never seems to remove him until the damage is done.
It’s not my idea, per se. I’m just speculating as to what I think they might do. Believe me, if it was up to me he’d never pitch an inning again for the U.

The MLB draft is so different now. I'd like to think at least 1 will. Probably both. MLB is a grown man league. You take an 18 year old he may be 4-5 years. You take these 22-23 year old Jrs/Sr's who have done it in high level college leagues you may get them in 1-2 years now. Especially with the emphasis on power.

Going to be interesting to see how the draft continues to evolve. But I'd love it if we landed 95% of our class again. We have a couple huge shoes to fill the next 2 years so we need it.
I'd like to know what the boosters have in their coferrs for the baseball program. With NIL, I think it makes the decision easier for High School players to choose college over signing a professional contract. I think kids outside the 1st 5 rounds should goto college.

I'd like to know what the boosters have in their coferrs for the baseball program. With NIL, I think it makes the decision easier for High School players to choose college over signing a professional contract. I think kids outside the 1st 5 rounds should goto college.
Def and it’s not massive money. Like mid to high 5 figure deals and a car or some other perk could do it for some of these kids

Advertisement
Back