Canes #6 seed in Lunardi's 1st Bracketology

Advertisement
I think a #5 or #6 seed is fairly accurate. Sure, this is a team that we'll all reminisce about and realize had three legitimate NBA prospects (Huell, BB, and Lonnie Walker), but the reality is their NBA ability is far from developed at this point.

Also, it's not in Bruce Brown's DNA to dominate the ball night in, night out. He'll certainly have an impact night in, night out, but it won't necessarily show up in points. There will be nights when this team has to lean on guys like Newton, Walker, and Huell to carry the scoring load. Obviously capable guys. But that's what a #5 -#6 seed looks like.

That said, once in the tourney, talent prevails and anything goes. This season should be interesting. Reminds me of the 99-00 squad with Johnny Hemsley, James Jones, and John Salmons that ended up 21-10 and a #6 seed.

Last year we were an 8 seed, with far less talent, and the most talented guys were freshmen. A 5/6 seed would be a disappointing season.

Advertisement
Think it's more likely to be a 3 or 4 than a 6 or 7. Think we're looking at a likely Top 15 team. Lonnie Walker can shoot the **** out of the ball.

Think it's more likely to be a 3 or 4 than a 6 or 7. Think we're looking at a likely Top 15 team. Lonnie Walker can shoot the **** out of the ball.

Agree, this might be the most talented team we have ever had. The Larkin team was great and we a more experienced team but they did not have the ceiling this team has IMO.

Agree, this might be the most talented team we have ever had. The Larkin team was great and we a more experienced team but they did not have the ceiling this team has IMO.

Comparing the 2012-2013 squad to 2017-2018, assuming Larkin and Brown as the respective linchpins are a push, it will come down to experience vs. talent.

Advertisement
There's not enough outside shooting on this team IMO

DJ
Brown
Amp
Walker
Lykes
Waardenburg (spelling?)

We should be fine from the outside.

Nobody on that list shot over 35% last year or was in college. We'll see how Brown and DJ improve

Fair enough. I'm confident DJ's % will improve. He rushed too many shots last year, but I think he'll be much more comfortable now that he's had some experience. Brown should be a good, not great, but good shooter. His stroke improved as the season went on. Amp is puzzling to me. He'll randomly go 5-6 in one game, and then have a 3 game stretch where he's 1-11.

Advertisement
Back