Canes 2021: Fool me once, fool me twice ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hold My Beer

CANE up in heah
Premium
What has surprised you and what has not surprised you through our first three games?

• Really, really believed we were gonna be better on defense this year — even with holes to plug at DE and elsewhere — cause I felt like we'd have more speed/athletic ability to compete well against Top 20 or even Top 10 programs. But watching these last two home games against so-so opponents and we might as well wear UMass jerseys as slow as we are. Absolutely mind-boggling that MIAMI of all programs could be in this predicament. Gullible as all get out for me to assume we'd fix these issues in 9 months.

• We all read these off-season posts — and even quotes from our coaches IIRC — that Miami's offensive line would be a strength this season. Maaaaannnnnn .... I never drank even a sip of that Kool-Aid. Knew ONCE AGAIN we wouldn't be worth a **** up front on offense. Furthermore and sadly, as we all know, UM Football will NEVER return to the elite level as long as we are sending a I-AA caliber OL out there each Saturday.

Advertisement
2017 we won 10 games and had most of our players returning for 2018. 10-11 wins was the expectation, an we won 7.

2021 is starting to feel like 2018 to me.

2017 we won 10 games and had most of our players returning for 2018. 10-11 wins was the expectation, an we won 7.

2021 is starting to feel like 2018 to me.
Groundhog day.gif

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back