Canes #14 in Pre-Season AP Poll

Advertisement
Only 5 SEC teams? Surprised, maybe the SEC bias is dying down.
Usually we start the season with seven or eight of them in the top 25.

Let’s be real. We lost are two best defensive players and best offensive player from last year, bring back all the same seniority players from last year that underperformed,when we got embarrassed by Clemson and UNC. And y’all having these crazy expectations to beat a nfl program I’m college Alabama. The reload players every year. Am I saying we can’t pull a huge upset? No but I would take a competitive close loss

Advertisement
Its Good GIF by Verzuz

I'm good with 14 - we have a lot of question marks after last year BUT we also have some solid potential playmakers. Guess that's why we play the games

Let’s be real. We lost are two best defensive players and best offensive player from last year, bring back all the same seniority players from last year that underperformed,when we got embarrassed by Clemson and UNC. And y’all having these crazy expectations to beat a nfl program I’m college Alabama. The reload players every year. Am I saying we can’t pull a huge upset? No but I would take a competitive close loss
Boooo

Advertisement

Jordan was our best offensive player?

Thought that was King

No comment on adding Donaldson to the OL? Or Nelson improving his third season

Adding one of the best DB coaches if not the best doesn’t help? But we should worry about losing Phillips?

King was our best off player
Bolden was our 2nd best defender

Very fair listening to one of Barry’s phantom NFL execs spend 2 paragraphs ripping King for not being Kyler Murray, which I literally could not care less about.

14/15 is a very fair ranking for a flawed team with a high ceiling and a legitimate chance to win its division.
His point remains. We have an exceptional QB coming off injury & unproven everything else. We might put it altogether finally.. or we might implode. We shall see 🤞🏼

Advertisement
#1 — Bama
#2 — Oklahoma
#3 — Clemson
#4 — Ohio State
#5 — Georgia
#6 — Texas A&M
#7 — Iowa State
#8 — Cincinnati
#9 — Notre Dame
#10 — North Carolina
#11 — Oregon
#12 — Wisconsin
#13 — Florida
#14 — Miami
#15 — USC
#16 — LSU
#17 — Indiana
#18 — Iowa
#19 — Penn State
#20 — Washington
#21 — Texas
#22 — Coastal Carolina
#23 — Louisiana Lafayette
#24 — Utah
#25 — Arizona State
Florida at 13 😂 this UiF team is not nearly as good as last years

His point remains. We have an exceptional QB coming off injury & unproven everything else. We might put it altogether finally.. or we might implode. We shall see 🤞🏼
Manny calling the defense is going to help a lot.
This years team is more talented than last years. Really excited to see how the de’s play and lbs if we don’t let Jennings play

Jordan was our best offensive player?

Thought that was King

No comment on adding Donaldson to the OL? Or Nelson improving his third season

Adding one of the best DB coaches if not the best doesn’t help? But we should worry about losing Phillips?
King is nothing with out pass catchers and Jordan was our best pass catcher expect maybe Harley second half of the season.

Donaldson didn’t play til the end of the season.
Nelson played good let see what he does against bama.

Adding TROB does help but it’s the same players except a unproven Stevenson. We’ve seen Ivey,blades,hall,bolden, have to offer. Now can they be better this year. Yes they can but that’s left unseen.

Again Alabama got one of the best front 7 in college football and people sleeping on there DB group and there offense is more proven then ours new QBS and all

just being realistic. Neve said we don’t have a chance

Advertisement
King is nothing with out pass catchers and Jordan was our best pass catcher expect maybe Harley second half of the season.

Donaldson didn’t play til the end of the season.
Nelson played good let see what he does against bama.

Adding TROB does help but it’s the same players except a unproven Stevenson. We’ve seen Ivey,blades,hall,bolden, have to offer. Now can they be better this year. Yes they can but that’s left unseen.

Again Alabama got one of the best front 7 in college football and people sleeping on there DB group and there offense is more proven then ours new QBS and all

just being realistic. Neve said we don’t have a chance
King needs to work on his pocket presence.....at times he was unable to feel pressure especially vs Clemson.....I'd like to see him toss it away more ....the guy took way too many raw hits under pressure that caused him to wear down .... at some point his OL will break down vs bama would love to see him improvise in a big game much better than he did last season...

I am not a fan of Barry Jackson. I think he looks for negative stuff to slant every article. Just my opinion...

Advertisement
Back