CaneHunt '14: How do I confirm an "offer?"

TexCane

Sophomore
4/28/13: A number of you have asked and questioned how I confirm a UM football scholarship "offer." As I've said on multiple occasions, I'm just a fan like the rest of you. However, I have multiple subscriptions to online sites that I read everyday. For example, I'm have an ESPN Insider subscription. Same with 247Sports, etc. I have found both to be very credible sources. They never report unless they have solid confirmations. If either confirms, then I bring it back to you, the UM fans.

I apologize if I didn't make that clear. Oh yes, rumors that I personally walk to every recruit's house to confirm are highly exaggerated. LOL!

:cigar:

Advertisement
Only the recruits (parents, coaches etc.) and our staff knows. The sites are responding to hearsay sometimes, other times they ask the recruits but they usually never see the formal offer. It would be impossible to see all those offers. Sometimes they are right, sometimes they are wrong. Recruits lie and sometimes they withhold info.

Tex it would be smarter to add your info to already established threads as every "update" doesn't require a new thread.

Last edited:
Tex keep in mind that InsideTheU reported Nate Taylor at MNW had an offer but he didnt. They also ran a story saying Byron Moore committed but he didnt.

4/28/13: A number of you have asked and questioned how I confirm a UM football scholarship "offer." As I've said on multiple occasions, I'm just a fan like the rest of you. However, I have multiple subscriptions to online sites that I read everyday. For example, I'm have an ESPN Insider subscription. Same with 247Sports, etc. I have found both to be very credible sources. They never report unless they have solid confirmations. If either confirms, then I bring it back to you, the UM fans.

I apologize if I didn't make that clear. Oh yes, rumors that I personally walk to every recruit's house to confirm are highly exaggerated. LOL!

:cigar:

We knew that.

You ride your Harley.

Advertisement
Also you aren't confirming anything, you are reading other sites who are supposed to be "confirming" the info.

Hey getting info from premium sites without having to pay for premium access, I'm not complaining!! Keep it up Tex!

Only the recruits (parents, coaches etc.) and our staff knows. The sites are responding to hearsay sometimes, other times they ask the recruits but they usually never see the formal offer. It would be impossible to see all those offers. Sometimes they are right, sometimes they are wrong. Recruits lie and sometimes they withhold info.

Tex it would be smarter to add your info to already established threads as every "update" doesn't require a new thread.

Consigliere... True, offers can be "non-commitable" but they are an offer. And every school has a sports information office that informally confirms offers to credible sports media outlets. I've never experienced ESPN and 247Sports to be incorrect. They might not be fast, but their never wrong.

As far as incorporating my updates with other threads, give me an example. I try my best to only start threads if nobody has already. If a thread exists, I just add my post to the CaneHunt '14 diary (sticky) for the record on that prospect..

Thanks for your advice.

Consigliere... True, offers can be "non-commitable" but they are an offer. And every school has a sports information office that informally confirms offers to credible sports media outlets. I've never experienced ESPN and 247Sports to be incorrect. They might not be fast, but their never wrong.

As far as incorporating my updates with other threads, give me an example. I try my best to only start threads if nobody has already. If a thread exists, I just add my post to the CaneHunt '14 diary (sticky) for the record on that prospect..

Thanks for your advice.

You missed the point, like really missed. Do you really think 24/7 calls the school about offers? Do you then think the school responds?

All the sites get bad info, you also act like a rep for 24/7.

Advertisement

Thanks for your advice.

You missed the point, like really missed. Do you really think 24/7 calls the school about offers? Do you then think the school responds?

All the sites get bad info, you also act like a rep for 24/7.

You would have to include ESPN on my rep list also. Lol. :cigar:

So we just want info, even if its bad?
Something g wrong w a grown man who has tons of subscriptions to recruiting sites.

Tex, I like that you can get **** thrown at you and brush it off. I respect that.

I do think you should combine the threads you post into one thread and just change the thread title to "updated---..." Just my opinion on it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
But you can't be authoritative if you don't subscribe to the traditional recruiting geniuses and gurus like like Tom Lemming, Alan Wallace, the late Max Emfinger, and Bill Buchalter. You should be reporting to us on what these guys say.

dude this is a free site wtf you want coach golden on this shi.t telling you who he offers?

And this response, right here, is the reason CIS is dead and a shell of it's once great self.

im just responding to the fact that people outside 1.cane coaches 2.player or 3. hs coach that this is the most absolute insight your going to get when it comes to high school recruiting

Tex keep in mind that InsideTheU reported Nate Taylor at MNW had an offer but he didnt. They also ran a story saying Byron Moore committed but he didnt.

Thread Killa... keep in mind ITU is NOT 247Sports. While you're at it, give a better source. :cigar:

They are garbage like the rest of them. Except they never pimped Charles Robinson.

Nate Adelson on InsideTheU is a good recruiting analyst. He was doing that stuff when he was just a poster on ****sport.

No idea, I am sure there are decent ones too.

The job isn't hard though.

1. Watch recruits at practice, give your honest opinion.

2. Call recruits to ask them about recruiting, report the truth.

3. Answer questions from low life fans.

Repeat.

Advertisement
Back