Cane Legend Clinton Portis

Was at a bar wearing my canes gear watching the game and none other the MF G himself, Clinton Portis, came over to my table and gave me a fist bump. Told him I was a big fan and remembered watching him back in the OB. Wanted to ask for a pic but didn’t want to be that guy. Anyways just thought I’d share a cool moment I shared with an OG Cane.

Advertisement
Was at a bar wearing my canes gear watching the game and none other the MF G himself, Clinton Portis, came over to my table and gave me a fist bump. Told him I was a big fan and remembered watching him back in the OB. Wanted to ask for a pic but didn’t want to be that guy. Anyways just thought I’d share a cool moment I shared with an OG Cane.
With CP (After Lunch at KFC...with Mcgahee in backround (Feb 2002)
CAM00037.jpg

Advertisement
Hopefully he was wearing his signature post-game interview wig and glasses.

What a character!

Advertisement
Advertisement
I love that he saw your clothes and came up to you. Says a lot about CP being down to earth and forever a Cane.

I saw Clinton and Edge before the gator game last year. Had a conversation with both and took a pic.

Interestingly enough about Clinton, is that my boys friend (the friend is a gator) asked for a pic with Clinton also. I told Clinton "nah f him, he's a gator". And Portis said its all good and still took the pic with him. Then told us a story about i think Portis is from up there in Gainesville and Miami was the only school to offer him as a RB.

Advertisement
I saw Clinton and Edge before the gator game last year. Had a conversation with both and took a pic.

Interestingly enough about Clinton, is that my boys friend (the friend is a gator) asked for a pic with Clinton also. I told Clinton "nah f him, he's a gator". And Portis said its all good and still took the pic with him. Then told us a story about i think Portis is from up there in Gainesville and Miami was the only school to offer him as a RB.
True. Spurious saw him as a DB.

Wasn’t it Clinton who took his mom to his senior prom?

Truly memorable character and great player.

P.S. We made the same mistake with Marshall Faulk.

Advertisement
Back