Candidates for Switching Positions in 2017

rok

N-U-D-E-S-I-N-B-I-O
Depth is kinda shaky at a few spots.

here's what I'm proposing:

Dallas to RB - everyone who covers the team says that if Walton goes down we're in big trouble. Dallas to RB doesn't necessarily alleviate that but we've got a crowded WR room and a lot of uncertainty at RB, particularly the ongoing health issues with Gray and Burns. Dallas seems like a kid who excels with the ball in his hands. Time to pull the trigger here imo.

Langham to TE - finally started to play big in the spring. We're down to three TEs and there's less of a role for him at WR now that Cager and Njoku are in the mix.

T. Johnson to DT - posted this in the Willis thread but Johnson played defense in high school. Recorded over 60 career total tackles and over 40 career solo tackles in just 16 career varsity games. He's got no future at OT with Herbert, Hillery, Campbell, Brown, possibly Donaldson. We could really use the extra body at DT now.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
You didn't put hot take in the title rok, are you feeling ok?

Dallas, if one RB gets injured make the move. Hold him at WR until then.

Langham, No brainer. Has no business playing WR here. God forbid he ever has to block someone though.

Tre Johnson is 6'8", Very rare for someone that tall to excel at DT imo. He was a 2-3 year developmental project to begin with, moving him to DT doesn't change that.

Last edited:
I remember Richt saying at one time if Walton goes down we might just go 5 wide. If that's the case, I can see Dallas certainly being moved to HB and more often than not splitting him out to try to get him matched up on a LB. I don't think he'd be a conventional HB that would be asked to pound the ball between the tackles, but he's certainly talented enough to do it on occasion.

Langham to TE, perhaps. I loved the tape of Njoku at WR, and don't see him filling out and becoming a TE. Again, if Walton goes down, some funny things are going to happen to our O. We might see very little of a conventional TE if we run out of HBs.

Wouldn't hurt to have another body on the D-line.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Christy Chirinos‏Verified account @ChristyChirinos 2m2 minutes ago
More
Also in chat w/local writers, Mark Richt says Canes toying with idea of using DeeJay Dallas as a running back. Depth there remains concern.
0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet Like Direct message

Dallas to RB makes it a legitimate stable. He's also one of our most electric playmakers. Make this move today and get him the ball.

Richards
Cager
Berrios
Mullins
Harris
Thomas
Harley
Njoku

Fine at WR

Agree move Dallas now to get him enough reps to be ready at least for a 3rd down back role.. He has enough WR reps already going through spring & summer

Advertisement
dallas should absolutely get reps at both rb & wr

langham move seems like a no brainer, just to help with practice looks for our #1 D against more athletic TE's

Advertisement

Langham, No brainer. Has no business playing WR here. God forbid he ever has to block someone though.

Tre Johnson is 6'8", Very rare for someone that tall to excel at DT imo. He was a 2-3 year developmental project to begin with, moving him to DT doesn't change that.

I don't understand your logic on this one. Would he not have to block more as a TE?

I don't understand your logic on this one. Would he not have to block more as a TE?

The knock on him as a WR was that he played small so i would imagine that blocking isn't his strong suit if he was moved to TE. But the reality of it is he's not needed at WR so he better learn to block. The hope is if we have to use him at TE it's a passing situation not a blocking one.

Advertisement
Back