Can You Be A Canes Football Fan Without Being a Golden Fan?

Which are you? A Slurper or a Mope

• Total voters
Advertisement
I've been hanging around CanesInSight for almost two years now. I usually enjoy it because every one has their own opinion of what the program needs to do to get back to the top. Some fans bash others for supporting the team and therefore supporting Golden. Others put down those who criticize the team and especially the coaches. It's the mopes vs. the slurpers again and again and again. Most have interesting points of view and valid reasons for where they stand. Does it have to be so black and white?
I was a fan of Canes football long before Golden and company arrived, and I'll be a fan long after they are gone. My passion for the Canes is not defined by one coach or player. To be honest I'm not that big of a Golden fan. I was really impressed by him in the way he stood by our program during the Shapiro mess but the whole PSU thing in the spring wiped that all out. There are some things he's done well, and there are some things he needs a lot of help on. But I want him to be successful here because that means my Canes are winning. I have no desire to see the team go through another rebuilding phrase before Golden is successful here.
Some of the fans here want to see change quickly and the quickest way to that is for the team to lose and see the coach fired. I understand that way of thinking. I don't agree with it but I understand it. I will never root for the Canes to lose. Can't do it. If that makes me a Golden slurper, whatever. Sure would be nice to root for the Canes without being called that. Last time I looked, I root for the Miami Hurricanes, not the Miami Goldens.
Is it possible to root for the team and not be a mope or a slurper?

I feel your pain in this. I sick of Golden and staff, but wanted to see them succeed. I dont root for the team to lose, but I am just as worried about another 8-9 win season which will save Golden. I dont want to be stuck in mediocrity forever when I know we have a garbage coaching staff, but because I voiced my opinion (fairly reasonably and with facts), I was considered a moper. Supporting Golden does not make you a slurper, but ignoring the facts so you can support him does. The same goes for the mopers, but on the opposite end.

poncho to make you feel any better golden is signed through 2019. He ain't going anywhere so if you think winning 8-9 is going to save his job no need to worry about it he aint going anywhere unless he leaves on his own.

Advertisement
Love my Canes. Hate watching the games. I get sick watching grown man make millions sucking at their JOB.

Advertisement
Back