Can we move James Williams to EDGE already?

Advertisement
Mans doesn’t want to tackle a 5’10 175 back on the sideline, but moving him to the front 4 would be a good idea? Interesting.

That's what I was thinking. He doesn't want to mix it up with anyone, so I'm pretty **** sure lining up across from a tackle is the last thing on the football field he wants to do. Even if he did get past that tackle the QB or RB would bounce off of him like he's a bumper in a pinball machine.

On a serious note, he tackled better last year. Regression sessions courtesy of Mario and staff.

Advertisement
That's what I was thinking. He doesn't want to mix it up with anyone, so I'm pretty **** sure lining up across from a tackle is the last thing on the football field he wants to do. Even if he did get past that tackle the QB or RB would bounce off of him like he's a bumper in a pinball machine.

On a serious note, he tackled better last year. Regression sessions courtesy of Mario and staff.
He’s doing what he did last year, this year. He hasn’t regressed, he’s stayed the same.

Advertisement
Saban or Kirby would’ve turned him into a 1st round EDGE prospect. Also feel like Cristobal would’ve had him make a position change if he came in Mario’s first year.

Hate to knock on a player but this kid is not a safety or even a LB at that. The fact that he was being compared to some of the all time great prospects to come out of Dade is a joke. He was a 5* because of size and athleticism. He is nowhere near a polished football player. He could possibly make a move to OLB if they can teach him how to wrap up…

Advertisement
Many here made fun of Banda's coaching but he had his safeties playing well here.Not only JJ but both Jenkins and Redwine came in as average 3* after thoughts and played well enough to be drafted.
Have you seen what he's done at Utah St.? Man, bring Banda back as a Co-DC. Man could recruit and developed his players.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back