Can we have a moratorium on the Reunion talk

Thank you for your opinion...

However, if Butch is named HC, which is a possibility there will be folks with ties to Miami on the staff. It would be foolish to think otherwise. No one knows who they would be, but Dorsey has already been mentioned and the likely spot on staff for him is OC.

If you choose to suppress yourself from salient discussion, by all means, indulge.

This is a football discussion board where the self evident purpose is to....discuss football.

Please stop throwing names out there like Soldinger, Chud for OC, Schiano for DC, etc. if we get Butch.

Please no more Ed Reed for DB coach
Ray Lewis for LB coach
Mario for Oline coach

Thank you for your cooperation
There is nothing salient about throwing out names just cause they have Miami ties. I didn't mention Dorsey in my OP for a reason. At least hes working his way up the chain. These other names that people throw around are ridiculous.

How is it ridiculous for ed reed to coach dbs? Mike vrabel retired from the nfl in july and got the job as d-line coach at his alma mater ohio state in december 2011. He was instanly a good coach and recruiter and is on the texans staff now.

Why can't ed reed do it?

Advertisement
Butch Hiring Day is 27 away

Will it be fabulous? Here's what the Fabulous Thunderbirds say:

I wanna believe things are gonna be alright
I said I wanna believe things are gonna be alright
If they ask you a question, am I living in a dream
The world may be against us, at least that’s how it seems
When the water gets choppy, can hardly stay afloat
Remember when the things get funky we rocking in the same ol’ boat

I wanna believe it’s gonna be alright
Hey, can you hear me out there people

I woke up this mornin’, I thought I saw the light
Don’t need no complications, no more driver in my life
I believe we need to deviate from the path we goin’ now
Change the negative to the positive, and turn that life around

I wanna believe things are gonna be alright
I said I wanna believe things are gonna be alright
Oh, I wanna believe it’s gonna be alright

[video=youtube;hPm_4D4h0e4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPm_4D4h0e4[/video]

From their album, On The Verge. It always seemed that this band was on the verge of something bigger.

Things seem better Shalala gone, Golden gone , the rest of the rejects afte the season.. About 15 of Al Golden Gems will be next. Go look at our roster we have a lot of kids who should be playing at Temple (15-20 of them)

It only reinforces how most fans are living in the past.

The same fan base that flew banners to Fire Butch when he was here. That's just how stupid the collective hivemind is.

Now they are certain that that bringing Butch back will magically open a time machine back to 2000.

Having the fan base decide the coach is as dumb as having the players pick the coach (See Coker)

If the fans were in charge Jimmy Johnson never would have never be hired (and thus no Butch). Ericson...probably not either.

Say No To Butch
Say No To Stupid Hivemind
Say No To Un-Proven Power Small Conference Wonders (Herman / Fuente)

Go get someone recently active in the NFL to coach. (Doesn't have to be Schiano)

Chud, Sean McDermott from the Panthers. Somebody who is actively coaching at the highest level.

to bad your mom didnt say no when you was conceived

Butch Davis Butch Butch he's the answer he was coach here 15 years ago and hasn't been coaching for 5 years...

So intelligent I'm so jealous of you all... please.

The same fan base that flew banners to Fire Butch when he was here. That's just how stupid the collective hivemind is.

Now they are certain that that bringing Butch back will magically open a time machine back to 2000.

Having the fan base decide the coach is as dumb as having the players pick the coach (See Coker)

If the fans were in charge Jimmy Johnson never would have never be hired (and thus no Butch). Ericson...probably not either.

Say No To Butch

Go get someone recently active in the NFL to coach. (Doesn't have to be Schiano)

Chud, Sean McDermott from the Panthers. Somebody who is actively coaching at the highest level.

SO let me understand, it is the rest of the fans who don't know crap. You on the other hand do have the CORRECT solution. I missed the notice about God anointing you. We all have opinions. Clearly the BOT sucks at picking coaches too.

By the way, how do we know JJ was the right choice. I love him, but he choked and got out coached in two NC games with the best or second best team ever. Not to mentioned deciding to kick to Rocket in South Bend -- that was smart. It took JJ until year 4 to win a Bowl game. Even hindsight is not 20-20.

For me we are at point where program will die with the wrong coach right now. Butch is safest pick. He has high upside and lowest risk(worse case he leaves abundant talent).

so JJ sucked.......we'll listen to you....

However, if Butch is named HC, which is a possibility there will be folks with ties to Miami on the staff. It would be foolish to think otherwise. No one knows who they would be, but Dorsey has already been mentioned and the likely spot on staff for him is OC.

If you choose to suppress yourself from salient discussion, by all means, indulge.

This is a football discussion board where the self evident purpose is to....discuss football.

Please stop throwing names out there like Soldinger, Chud for OC, Schiano for DC, etc. if we get Butch.

Ray Lewis for LB coach
Mario for Oline coach

There is nothing salient about throwing out names just cause they have Miami ties. I didn't mention Dorsey in my OP for a reason. At least hes working his way up the chain. These other names that people throw around are ridiculous.

How is it ridiculous for ed reed to coach dbs? Mike vrabel retired from the nfl in july and got the job as d-line coach at his alma mater ohio state in december 2011. He was instanly a good coach and recruiter and is on the texans staff now.

Why can't ed reed do it?
Its possible for him to turn out to be a good coach. Its also possible he would suck at it. I want as many good coaches around Butch as possible. Let Reed cut his teeth elsewhere and then he can coach at Miami.

Advertisement

Ray Lewis for LB coach
Mario for Oline coach

Why can't ed reed do it?
Its possible for him to turn out to be a good coach. Its also possible he would suck at it. I want as many good coaches around Butch as possible. Let Reed cut his teeth elsewhere and then he can coach at Miami.

It's a risk regardless of experince. Experince doesn't guaranteed success and inexperince doesn't guaranteed failure. You never know how it's going to turn out either way and you have to take chances.

And he doesn't have to cut his teeth else where. Butch could bring him in as a graduate assistant.

Bring back the old ball boy.. Now he had swag!

fsu_kicker.jpg

Advertisement

Say No To Butch

Good post, and ironically you've been down voted 4 times.

That says it all

Say No To Butch

Good post, and ironically you've been down voted 4 times.

That says it all

Yeah because people on here are the voice of reason right?

Say No To Butch

You had me until you said NO to Herman and Fuente and I read your suggestions. Down Vote.

Say No To Butch

You had me until you said NO to Herman and Fuente and I read your suggestions. Down Vote.

The "young up and comer" from a mid tier conference... we've tried that...his name was Golden unless you forgot already.

Advertisement
So say no to Butch, who has built championship teams here.
Say no to up and comers like Herman, which represents all of the coaches who have won here.

We have to get an NFL coach to win? Then how did we get those 5 championships without NFL coaches?

I'm also not sure why we wouldn't want a hall of fame defensive back coach with amazing leadership skills to coach our defensive backs. We're not talking about running the defense. Simply teaching the position he has played at a hall of fame level for almost 20 years.

Why not Reed at DB coach? It's not like he'll be running the defense..

Players can learn from one of the greatest players and leaders of all time. Plus, imagine him recruiting down in So Fl

Advertisement
If a guy like Reed wants to come in as a position coach and POSSIBLY work his way up to a coordinate, then why the **** not?

Are all great players great coaches? Absolutely not. But I'd give him a shot in a heartbeat.

Advertisement
Back