Can We Drop The JAG Label

caneinpsl

Senior
Premium
for Armbrister, Shayon Greene and Cornileus? They may not be stars, but all three of these guys made big plays in what might be our biggest regular season game this year. Greene actually got pressure on Driskel, and was key on the early 4th down stop, Cornileus has made great plays smothering TE's two games in a row, and Armbrister displayed why he's held Figueroa off to this point as the starting OLB.

Advertisement
Cornelius made a couple outstanding plays on third down today. I was real impressed with all three of these guys.

these guys are what Golden refers to as 'coal shovelers'- and every winning program needs an abundance of them

IIRC, Thurston shot up the depth chart rapidly. He should have never been labeled jag in the first place.

I haven't personally used the "JAG" term, but all parties involved in this topic of discussion definitely would be excluded from such a title from here on out.

Last edited:
Advertisement
very impressed by all 3 today. twice in a row I saw a solid play and was like who the **** was that, both times it was Cornileus... Ambrister has played well in both games so far. Hope he continues to progress.

But hope he takes the time to ask Jaynard how his *** taste...

I think Armbrister will be a star here before he leaves....6-3 235+ with great speed and athleticism for a LB. He's looked very good so far.

Thurston has been impressive. Has a bright future. Green and Cornelius are finally being used correctly, just situational guys.

I agree. I have not been the biggest Green fan but **** all 3 of these guys brought their A game today and deserve all the credit. Well done boys.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back