Can someone post

Advertisement
So they are projecting us with a 17 RPI to be the 3 seed in the #4 overall seeds region????

How is that even possible!?!?!?
They must be expecting us to more or less collapse down the stretch with the GT and Louisville series

They must be expecting us to more or less collapse down the stretch with the GT and Louisville series
Well with Georgia Tech it's at home and if you can get to their pitching you have a chance But I don't give us much of one against Louisville

I guess, but that's a downright disrespectful and to me flat out wrong seed for RPI 17. Maybe it's a mistake??

Advertisement
Here are the latest projections from BA and D1. Both D1 and BA project us to go to Starkville
https://d1baseball.com/analysis/d1baseball-projected-field-of-64-april-27/

That seems more likely than a 3. If you are gonna be a 2 that's not the worst one to be in with the 8/9

Yeah it is better than being put in vandy's regional, that being said I would still rather be in Louisiana Techs Regional.
I like the one you posted. As a 2 you get the lowest seeded host in it. I would take it an run if that happens.

Advertisement
I guess, but that's a downright disrespectful and to me flat out wrong seed for RPI 17. Maybe it's a mistake??
On second look they must have more or less thrown out the RPI. Can’t do much projection for hosts with the selection a couple weeks away, and they have Louisville at 12 with an RPI of 43 and Nebraska at 16 with and RPI of 50. Hard to make an argument for any geographic benefit of picking Lincoln when you look at the travel required for the other teams in that regional.

On second look they must have more or less thrown out the RPI. Can’t do much projection for hosts with the selection a couple weeks away, and they have Louisville at 12 with an RPI of 43 and Nebraska at 16 with and RPI of 50. Hard to make an argument for any geographic benefit of picking Lincoln when you look at the travel required for the other teams in that regional.
Yeah, looks to be based off other polls and RPI not factored, agree

Depending upon how the last week and conference tourneys go, they'll probably make a couple of teams #1 seeds at someone else's place, to make it seem like they didn't ignore the last few weeks and final RPIs.

Advertisement
This bulls*** has to stop. These committees need to grow a pair and rank every team 1-64, release it, and pair up teams accordingly. I’m so tired of the basketball and baseball tourneys coming down to somebody having an easy draw bc of their location. Its 2021 money and travel isn’t an issue for these schools anymore.

This bulls*** has to stop. These committees need to grow a pair and rank every team 1-64, release it, and pair up teams accordingly. I’m so tired of the basketball and baseball tourneys coming down to somebody having an easy draw bc of their location. Its 2021 money and travel isn’t an issue for these schools anymore.
That's far too logical for the NCAA (Emmett received a 2 year extension today btw - lol; passed as an afterthought by the Board of Governors). Any time you allow academia to run anything, let alone what is effectively a multi-billion dollar business, you're asking for trouble. The governance of college sports is a joke.

Advertisement
If you read the BA article it acknowledges that the ACC has deflated RPI this year because of so few OCC games. This will be taken into account.

That's far too logical for the NCAA (Emmett received a 2 year extension today btw - lol; passed as an afterthought by the Board of Governors). Any time you allow academia to run anything, let alone what is effectively a multi-billion dollar business, you're asking for trouble. The governance of college sports is a joke.
It’s literally the easiest fix ever, yet no one will stand up for it. Emmert is a disgrace.

Advertisement
Back