Can someone on here help me understand this about our team...

Even average coaches know what we're going to do and when we play, it's a battle it shouldn't be.

It's amazing to me we keep seeing this kind of stubbornness and continual failure to take what kind of talent we do have and using it properly.
Amen hermano.

Advertisement
It’s not “forcing” it’s all he knows how to do. Lashlee was brought in for his tempo and “spread” offense. It was never about his ability to mold his game plan around his players.

Actually, at times I feel we are over coached. We recruit talent and then try to "fix" them whereas exploit their natural talent so they can react without a lot of thinking. How many times do we here "when he learns the playbook" or "when he learns to run routes". Let these South Florida kids play to their natural ability, especially on defense. I think the coaches feel the pressure and get to deep into what they think is expertise. Football is a sport where your guy beats their guy, especially when you have such natural talent. I've seen this at the high school level where coaches did not play kids because they didn't fit their system whereas great coaches fit their system to the talent. Might explain why our players don't develop quickly or why freshmen take so long to get on the field. Look how they used Greg Rousseau, sat the first few games and still got 15 sacks in a short series for him, imagine if he had started from the get go.. Kids we recruit are natural talent with great instincts, let them play.

Advertisement
Back