Can someone on here help me understand this about our team...

troyskiles

[]_[] Forever
Why do we constantly try and force play calling? What the fvck happened to "take what the defense gives you"? We are we so **** bent on trying to establish the run early on that we miss opportunities across the middle of the field and maybe even bubble screens, that type of play. Why are we so bent on establishing the run early on in the game when we know the opponent is trying to stop it? I get wanting to try establish the run as it opens up the passing game, but the passing game also opens up the run game.
I see teams like Ol' **** come out and just chuck the ball around 5 yrds here, 7 yrds there, 4 yrds here and just pick apart teams prior to establishing the run. Why do we not try that? Come out throwing and take the 5-7 yrds a catch and maybe break one. Chit, we have Harley and Xman that make easy catches for us and then work in some runs and deep shots to Smiff. Any ideas what this staff is think on coming out and running up the middle every game? It kills us, demoralizes the team and we never get in a passing rythm.

Help me understand this.
Thanks,
:11263272045-489f4f7972-o:

Advertisement
LOL... and its multiple coaches.... one after the other.

Thats the part I cant understand. I mean I honestly, dont see this huge difference between a lashlee offense and a richt offense.

Also the thing I cant seem to understand for the life of me... is why doesnt it change from half to half or game to game. If the **** aint working why the F are you not in proof of concept mode ever? I would fire a **** in a heartbeat if they tried that in my line of work. I need new approaches and activated plans to test those approaches. I dont give a F if its roll out every single play, or move to the wild cat or give it to the Gaynor to run the ball. Just stop doing the same **** that we know aint going to work against anyone.

Good question.

I always wondered, "we run to establish the pass."

Is the Inverse likewise viable?

If the pass rush is quick - why roll out long passes? How about some short stuff? Even in sandlot - we knew about a buttonhook. Rubbing off defenders on crossing routes, and using the ref.

And if one guy's passing was a bit off that day - have someone else try. It's not like there's a downside . . .

But according to numerous posters on cis a few weeks ago we have the best coaching staff we have had in years. After 2 games I am thinking that was just more off season hyperbole

Advertisement
It is called bad coaching. Plain and simple. You have an offensive coordinator and a Defensive coordinator and they are playing chess. Some have access to a super computer helping them and some just wing it because they read a chess book when they were 12.

Why do we constantly try and force play calling? What the fvck happened to "take what the defense gives you"? We are we so **** bent on trying to establish the run early on that we miss opportunities across the middle of the field and maybe even bubble screens, that type of play. Why are we so bent on establishing the run early on in the game when we know the opponent is trying to stop it? I get wanting to try establish the run as it opens up the passing game, but the passing game also opens up the run game.
I see teams like Ol' **** come out and just chuck the ball around 5 yrds here, 7 yrds there, 4 yrds here and just pick apart teams prior to establishing the run. Why do we not try that? Come out throwing and take the 5-7 yrds a catch and maybe break one. Chit, we have Harley and Xman that make easy catches for us and then work in some runs and deep shots to Smiff. Any ideas what this staff is think on coming out and running up the middle every game? It kills us, demoralizes the team and we never get in a passing rythm.

Help me understand this.
Thanks,
Staff_Rhett_Lashlee_01_53.jpg

Lashlee sure as **** isn't playing to our strengths. outside zone, man blocking, 12 set WR screens, deep to K Smith when they take away the flat and screens...

Personnel issues:
stop playing Ivey, Wiggins, Jennings!
Need to see more of Arroyo
Need to see LT, Chase, JW get snaps even if the D playbook is simple for the play.
APB for Jarrid Williams at RT

Advertisement
Advertisement
At some point we have to accept that Diaz is bad at hiring coaches. Enos, Baker now Lashlee looking like garbage truck ****tail

Advertisement

Help me understand this.
Thanks,

You preaching to the choir, homie.

Been beating this dead horse since 2016 when Richt got here.

Our last 3 ocs treat the middle of the field like it is a radioactive zone. Something I have noticed with these scared of the middle coordinators is they spam the bubble screen as a substitute for a real, rhythmic, short passing game and it NEVER WORKS. That **** flies in the g5 and the Big 12 but real defenses crush it. You have to use the bubble sparingly. The bubble is a big part of our problem and we need to cut it WAY back.

If you want yards, you have to earn them by teaching a well rounded passing game. Our last 3 ocs have literally been spam inside zone, throw incompletions deep, vanilla rpos, and bubble screen. Just add 12 personnel under center for Richt, 100 step playaction for Enos, and qb draw for Lashlee and you got 98% of all the offense we have seen the last five years.

The **** is Groundhog Day but people can’t see it. We abandon plays that work and spam plays that don’t. It gets so bad it feels like we are being deliberately sabotaged by sec plants.

Coaches have egos. Coaches have their system. College football is about players first and then motivating them to go places with their game they never thought they could.

Very few coaches change things up for their talent. They will recruit guys to their system and style of play. Week to week they'll throw some wrinkles in, but beyond that there isn't much game planning.

So that takes you to talent. Do we have the right talent for the coaches. No, not exactly, but there's a yes here as well. Lashlee has never had this kind of talent. He didn't recruit it and is trying to fit some square pegs in round holes. We aren't a pound it on the ground or RPO option team. Our QB pickups since he came aren't that either. So why is this our offense with King? **** if I know, it's bizarre. He wants to ground game of King, but he needs to set it up with the short it intermediate passing game.

Defensively, we don't adjust or change crap. We play Manny's trash system and don't have the hogs up front to do so. Everyone has figured out that we'll leave their receivers a cushion, a wide open middle, and cutback lanes and holes galore. We don't stop anything, it's all there for the taking, just don't hold onto the ball long and pressure won't be a problem.

We have enough talent to be coached into about anything. Flawed defensive philosophy and misused personnel offensively. Again, why?

They both want to do it their way. They're trying to force their style of play. Again, that's most coached. Very few change. Good coaches can adapt to their personnel and do so rather quickly. Even average coaches know what we're going to do and when we play, it's a battle it shouldn't be.

It's amazing to me we keep seeing this kind of stubbornness and continual failure to take what kind of talent we do have and using it properly.

Advertisement
Back