Can someone explain to me

jackedaround

Junior
How we are giving up 18 yards per completion? Dead last in the NCAA. Last year it was 11 yards per completion.

In the last 19 seasons we never gave up more than 13 per completion. Most of the time it was 12 or less. What in the ever loving **** is going on?

Now I know we are getting no pass rush but **** it last year we didnt either. You can say it is 4 games (small sample size). But we have teams that can air it out coming up.

I am not sure how we fix this but it is our biggest weakness this year - worse than QB if you ask me.

I would venture to say this is the worst 2ndary we have had in a long time. It is not even missed tackles it is just butt naked WRs all over the field.

Advertisement
We have given up 4 pass plays of 60+ yards in 3 games. No team in the country has allowed more than 3.

When you play press man and allow a guy to run right by you, this is what happens. We all screamed for it for years. “Let the kids do what they do best!!” Welp.

Advertisement
It’s easy. Massive completions in the mtsu game and also southern miss. Other than that we have controlled possession

Advertisement
How we are giving up 18 yards per completion? Dead last in the NCAA. Last year it was 11 yards per completion.

In the last 19 seasons we never gave up more than 13 per completion. Most of the time it was 12 or less. What in the ever loving **** is going on?

Now I know we are getting no pass rush but **** it last year we didnt either. You can say it is 4 games (small sample size). But we have teams that can air it out coming up.

I am not sure how we fix this but it is our biggest weakness this year - worse than QB if you ask me.

I would venture to say this is the worst 2ndary we have had in a long time. It is not even missed tackles it is just butt naked WRs all over the field.
How do you say, “I didn’t watch the MTSU game without saying, I didn’t watch the MTSU game”.

bcu was 18 per completion
southern miss was 13 per completion
tamu was 14 per completion.

throw out the last game its around 15 or so which is still in the bottom 10.

it started with bcu.
Oh yes, I am not saying we were good in any game. It's just that when you give up a few monster plays in one game, it really solidifies your craptastic ranking.

Advertisement
Yep this is the worst defense I’ve ever seen in the 20+ years of watching the Miami Hurricanes… the worst cb play I’ve ever seen. Worst linebacker play I’ve ever seen. Worst pass rush I’ve ever seen.

Advertisement
Well when you play guys like Ivey, Curtis, Blades, Flagg, Steed, Keontra Smith that will happen. Also Stevenson is average at best.

Advertisement
Back