Can Lorenzo Lingard play Wide Receiver?

rok

Great Poster
Anyone else believe WR might be his way to get on the field in 2019?

Also, does anyone here think Asa Martin could apply for a waiver, since Auburn bungled his redshirt status?

1:06

Advertisement
His way on to the field is for the ******* coaches to stop sitting 5 star talent on the bench and start figuring out ways to get them the ball.

Either that or be prepared for this kid to become a star somewhere else.

He has more of a WR body right now and moves similar to one but I think once healthy and another year in the system he’s going to be elite. Would like to see him at 220-230. I’d rather have Dallas playing slot than linguard

I know a million people have probably asked you but do you think the problem is the players or Richts Offense?

Asa will apply but he won't get one. As far as our WR room goes, it looks like this going into next year. Cager, Ezzard, Harley, Hightower, Njoku, Pope, Wiggins and Payton so far. I think the Canes will get another WR to pair with Payton (probably a project) so I don't think that Lingard will move to WR unless we have some transfers. I think we will see formations featuring two of the three RB (Dallas, Lingard and Davis) a lot next year. I also see us using jumbo sets with Mallory and Jordan on the field at the same time. So here is what I think we see alot of next year in terms of formations.

Jumbo sets featuring two tight ends, 1 receiver, 1 FB.
Split backs in a Shotgun/pistol formation (featuring Dallas and Davis) and using Jordan on the line and Mallory in the slot. Two WR.
1 back shotgun/pistol formation with 3 WR and Jordan in the slot.

Richt ain't changing his philosphy, he still thinks it's about execution. He will have his chance to prove it next year because another embarrassing year with this much talent on the team will result in another poor recruiting class and his butt being shown the door soon after. Money talks and people are barely holding on by a string.

Advertisement
If you think our offense will magically be good next year with this same trash staff in place you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

Advertisement
Back