Can DJ Johnson help our DT problems

He'll be converted to TE by the spring, you heard it here first.

Not going to happen, the one DL I would love to see play TE is Joe Jackson.... I remember him making some awesome catches in the opening regionals.

We have a lot of freaks on the DL.

Advertisement
I dont understand the hysteria going on about DT. I also don't understand why so many just assume all our players are 3 and out. So many people just assume Norton and RJ are gone after this year. Lastly, Coach Kool is highly regarded and accomplished. He gets paid to recruit and coach em up. There is lots of talent spread throughout the Dline, no excuses.

When you have a prospect that has incredible size to go along with elite speed for a position, why take away from one of the biggest strengths he brings to the table? Keep him on the edge and let him eat. If he develops, he should be next in line for Chad Thomas's spot.

This, put him in the strong side and then you have Joe Jackson and Garvin hunting from the weak side!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless he gains an insane amount of weight in a short period, he's an edge guy...if he gains a fair amount of weight, maybe he develops into a power end. Either way, he isn't helping on the inside this year, but I think he can be a help on the outside very early.

Advertisement
Why waste the dudes speed. He going to be a terror to try to get around the edge on

Advertisement
As long as McIntosh & Norton stay healthy we don't have any DT problems.

Bethel, Moten, Martin, Ford & Fines will do, we got enough guys even with losing Willis & Jenkins.

DJ at DT is only an emergency case scenario.

I think that's a lot more quality depth than we've had in some of our best seasons. I'm not saying everybody on that depth chart is going be anything other than adequate, but they won't be playing 30-40 plays a game. We only need guys who can come in for a few series a game. When we won the NC in 1987 we had, as I recall, a three man rotation of Derwin Jones, Greg Mark (undersized converted DE) and maybe Earnie Parrish. We didn't have an elite DT among them. Mark became elite when he moved back to DE the next year.

Advertisement
He did play the position at the under armor game and look good doing it, with his size and track he could be a beast.... What Yall think???

Al Golden would jump on da idea of fattening DJ up and moving him inside.

Chick approves of dis message.

Advertisement
He'll be converted to TE by the spring, you heard it here first.

Not going to happen, the one DL I would love to see play TE is Joe Jackson.... I remember him making some awesome catches in the opening regionals.

We have a lot of freaks on the DL.

I don't know man, I've been hearing a lot of chatter.

Be nice, not everyone can understand sarcasm.

Fair point.

Advertisement
Back