Can Diaz create this intensity!

True; but I need u to go back and see Howard coach, and JJ, and Butch. Erickson was an X’s & O’s guy who ran Animal House, but our coaches were just as important. Look being a Bears fan, I can tell u w/o a doubt coaching matters. See 2018 Bears v. 2017 Bears and see the difference. See 2017 Trubisky and 2018 Trubisky. Coaching matters, champ

Never said that coaching doesn't matter...Golden is solid proof of that.....just saying ....to be clear....that fire from players matters more in regards to on the field intensity.

Coker and Erickson are stand out proof of that for us.

As for the championship Bears, without the heat brought by Singletary, Duerson, Marshall the lb from Louisville who started the barking and Payton, McMahon etc (that was one mean gtoup) where would they be.

Players don't look to the sidelines to get inspiration...they look at each other.

Without a doubt, a coach can set the tone with game prep, during practice and during the week.... but come game time its on them how they play.

As a former player, I know coaching and game adjustments play a major role...but Im strictly talking the intensity of on field play.

Intensity...that comes from within, it is not something that is turned on or off by coaches. Coaches didn't make us put in extra work and time during the season and offseasons players organized and did that on their own. Espirit d'corp isnt turned on or off.

We may be talking past each other but I know for a fact what I'm speaking about

If you disagree then we just have to agree to disagree

Last edited:
Advertisement
You'll never see intensity like the 98-2001 practices I saw...More intensity than actual games, and I'm not joking...anybody on our current team..would have a hard time dealing with what went on at Greentree those yrs on a daily basis, Believe you me...
There's not one guy out there now, who would even remotely consider jumping in Webster...Blades..etc's...face....Believe that.
Thats not saying our guys aren't tough...your talking a completely different Animal back then....

No. No disrespect to the young men on our team but kids nowadays aren't mentally built like that.
There's a lot to this. The area I live in had a really good local HS team 30+ years ago. Now they're at best mediocre. A teacher there who's as long time resident was telling me the kids just aren't tough like that anymore. The coach yells at them and they get ****ed and quit.

U mean kids we have and I don’t believe that either. I recall specifically that Clemson players wanted to make amends for what took place the season before. They were gun ho on winning that chip this yr. Teams take on the personality of their coach. Look who we’ve had:

Clappy, who was more interested in clapping than coaching

Shannon, who was more interested in using all his time outs, and removing last names from the back of jerseys, than trying to actually score.

Golden, who was more interested in saving his friend and preaching to his players not to rise to the occasion, than actually winning games

Richt, who was way over the hill in coaching abilities, and more interested to prove everyone wrong that his 1993 FSU playbook was still up to date and his son would be one helluva QB coach, than winning.

That, my friend, is a combine total of 18 yrs worth of bull chit and mediocrity, so of course these kids are and have been producing as such.
Shannon showed zero emotion on the sidelines. He wouldn't talk to refs after horrible calls, **** he didnt even wear a headset!!!! He did absolutely no coaching on game day. I remember feeling like why are we even paying this mfer!!!!

Advertisement
Never said that coaching doesn't matter...Golden is solid proof of that.....just saying ....to be clear....that fire from players matters more in regards to on the field intensity.

Coker and Erickson are stand out proof of that for us.

As for the championship Bears, without the heat brought by Singletary, Duerson, Marshall the lb from Louisville who started the barking and Payton, McMahon etc (that was one mean gtoup) where would they be.

Players don't look to the sidelines to get inspiration...they look at each other.

Without a doubt, a coach can set the tone with game prep, during practice and during the week.... but come game time its on them how they play.

As a former player, I know coaching and game adjustments play a major role...but Im strictly talking the intensity of on field play.

Intensity...that comes from within, it is not something that is turned on or off by coaches. Coaches didn't make us put in extra work and time during the season and offseasons players organized and did that on their own. Espirit d'corp isnt turned on or off.

We may be talking past each other but I know for a fact what I'm speaking about

If you disagree then we just have to agree to disagree

Yeah; I think we’re just talking past each other bro. I wasn’t disagreeing w ur take on the players, which is why I started off saying “that’s true.” I’m just saying coaching is equally as important. The moment the guys Butch coached up, who were the leaders of that 01 team, started to leave our foundation began to crumble, despite the uber amount of talent we were still bringing in. That’s y it’s called “coach them up.” I’m just hi-lighting that sometimes despite the leaders u have in the locker room, if the coaching leadership is not there, that talent can or will be wasted.

Advertisement
The mighty Coastal Division will bring out the monster in these kids. There's nothing like playing high intensity football games against a bunch of "basketball" schools. If you can't get hyped against Duke, UNC, UVA, Pitt and Ga Tech, there's obviously something wrong with you. Jesus Christ it sounds worse when you type it.

Probably,....All Coker did was clap....All Onion did was call timeouts 2mins into a game...while entire coaching staff were bumping into each other like the Keystone Cops....Alfred just stood there sweating like a Pig...with his Paterno Tie dangling.....Richt just stood there like a Lobotomized Robot staring at his 3 play Laminated play sheet...
In one post You managed to insult onions, people who clap, people who sweat, pigs, the lobotomized, robots, lobotomized robots and the keystone cops.

You have a lot of apologies to hand out.

Probably an unpopular opinion here, but man, Mike Irvin is hard to listen to. EVERY.......WORD.......IS.....SO.......DRAMATIC.......AND......IT.......TAKES.......SO.......LONG........FOR........HIM.....TO...FINISH!!!!!...A.......SENTENCE.

Advertisement
Not built like that on our team but some other teams have dogs lets not pretend

Exactly; but those dogs were coached up, too. I hated that Richt kept referring Miami to Paradise. We played as such, too. The don’t worry, be happy mentality.

Like I said before; the moment we lose these goofy mantras, when we’re not “U-Tough”, “Paradise”, “TNM”, but just “The U”, then we’ll be back on the field and off of it.

Manolo should have this on endless loop play in every hall, every meeting room, every weight room,every dining hall, and a MUST watch on all personal IPODS at least once a day.
Every player should have this mandatory watch DAILY........

It is the framework, and template, that #TNM should have for 2019...

Our guys talk about "bringing back the U".....well here is how to do it..
and yes.........listen to Coach Jimmy Johnson's sage advise............"You have to want IT more than anyone, in order to achieve IT".
Thanks fraggle, good sh** right there..

Advertisement
Exactly; but those dogs were coached up, too. I hated that Richt kept referring Miami to Paradise. We played as such, too. The don’t worry, be happy mentality.

Like I said before; the moment we lose these goofy mantras, when we’re not “U-Tough”, “Paradise”, “TNM”, but just “The U”, then we’ll be back on the field and off of it.
**** yea

Hate the social media pump up, show me this savagery on the field I want running the score up blitzing with 7 seconds left in the game up 30. I know MD will do these things for a fact

Yeah; I think we’re just talking past each other bro. I wasn’t disagreeing w ur take on the players, which is why I started off saying “that’s true.” I’m just saying coaching is equally as important. The moment the guys Butch coached up, who were the leaders of that 01 team, started to leave our foundation began to crumble, despite the uber amount of talent we were still bringing in. That’s y it’s called “coach them up.” I’m just hi-lighting that sometimes despite the leaders u have in the locker room, if the coaching leadership is not there, that talent can or will be wasted.

I don't disagree with that at all

You'll never see intensity like the 98-2001 practices I saw...More intensity than actual games, and I'm not joking...anybody on our current team..would have a hard time dealing with what went on at Greentree those yrs on a daily basis, Believe you me...
There's not one guy out there now, who would even remotely consider jumping in Webster...Blades..etc's...face....Believe that.
Thats not saying our guys aren't tough...your talking a completely different Animal back then....

Bandy & Nesta would fit in just fine imo

Advertisement
Back