Can Diaz create this intensity!

Advertisement
No. No disrespect to the young men on our team but kids nowadays aren't mentally built like that.
I disagree. Nesta is one. Gaynor has some of that in him. There is a WR from USC that has it in him. We just have to find those type of players and bring them to The U.

Advertisement
I disagree. Nesta is one. Gaynor has some of that in him. There is a WR from USC that has it in him. We just have to find those type of players and bring them to The U.
Well I'm hoping those guys step up and become leaders.

Advertisement
Who was the last firey coach we had since JJ, Butch Davis?
Probably,....All Coker did was clap....All Onion did was call timeouts 2mins into a game...while entire coaching staff were bumping into each other like the Keystone Cops....Alfred just stood there sweating like a Pig...with his Paterno Tie dangling.....Richt just stood there like a Lobotomized Robot staring at his 3 play Laminated play sheet...

Probably,....All Coker did was clap....All Onion did was call timeouts 2mins into a game...while entire coaching staff were bumping into each other like the Keystone Cops....Alfred just stood there sweating like a Pig...with his Paterno Tie dangling.....Richt just stood there like a Lobotomized Robot staring at his 3 play Laminated play sheet...
I agree with you about Coker clapping, but you have to admit, he took clapping to another level never seen before or since.

Advertisement
We have maybe 1 or 2 true dogs on this team. Kids just aren’t built like that anymore.

U mean kids we have and I don’t believe that either. I recall specifically that Clemson players wanted to make amends for what took place the season before. They were gun ho on winning that chip this yr. Teams take on the personality of their coach. Look who we’ve had:

Clappy, who was more interested in clapping than coaching

Shannon, who was more interested in using all his time outs, and removing last names from the back of jerseys, than trying to actually score.

Golden, who was more interested in saving his friend and preaching to his players not to rise to the occasion, than actually winning games

Richt, who was way over the hill in coaching abilities, and more interested to prove everyone wrong that his 1993 FSU playbook was still up to date and his son would be one helluva QB coach, than winning.

That, my friend, is a combine total of 18 yrs worth of bull chit and mediocrity, so of course these kids are and have been producing as such.

Teams take on the personality of their coach, Richt was laid back and calm, totally unsuited to coaching the U. Diaz seems to have lots of fire a bit like JJ, lets hope that inspires our current roster to attain the CANES THING!
I do agree with that

Advertisement
Well I'm hoping those guys step up and become leaders.

YES!!

What our championship teams had in common wasn't a fiery coach.

It was fiery supercharged players

Coaches don't play the game....nor do they inspire great play on the field as much as having fiery players with great leadership qualities.

The Irvins, Reeds, Stubbs, Gonzalez,Clark, J.Brown etc etc

They are the ones that fire up to huddle and keep their teammates charged up all game long....when the game is on the line....when a big play needs to be made.

Having a fiery coach is good....having fiery savage players with leadership is better. Having both is awesome

There is NO substitute for having that.

YES!!

What our championship teams had in common wasn't a fiery coach.

It was fiery supercharged players

Coaches don't play the game....nor do they inspire great play on the field as much as having fiery players with great leadership qualities.

The Irvins, Reeds, Stubbs, Gonzalez,Clark, J.Brown etc etc

They are the ones that fire up to huddle and keep their teammates charged up all game long....when the game is on the line....when a big play needs to be made.

Having a fiery coach is good....having fiery savage players with leadership is better. Having both is awesome

There is NO substitute for having that.

True; but I need u to go back and see Howard coach, and JJ, and Butch. Erickson was an X’s & O’s guy who ran Animal House, but our coaches were just as important. Look being a Bears fan, I can tell u w/o a doubt coaching matters. See 2018 Bears v. 2017 Bears and see the difference. See 2017 Trubisky and 2018 Trubisky. Coaching matters, champ

First time I had viewed that video before, thanks for the share mate. I agree, we do have a few dogs these days but not a team full like we had back then. Players who held each other to a standard and were accountable. When’s the last time we had a top flight WR travel to BFE in Minnesota eh to workout the entirety of the summer getting down the nuances of timing and rapport with their 1st year starting QB? Or being fired up and speaking with passion at halftime when the team was down, inspiring them to incredible heights in the 2nd half.

Manolo gets all of that and looks to be instilling the old Canes mentality in to our current players. If he’s fully successful in accomplishing the feat, there isn’t a team in CFB today we can’t curb stomp.

Awesome. Must watch video. Those great teams of the 80s had tremendous talent but most importantly tremendous fight in them. They refused to lose. We need to get back to that!!

Advertisement
Back