Can anyone give 1 reason why we haven't offered Fenton?

Advertisement
Im not really high on Rashad Fenton. The kid plays waaaaay too close to the line of scrimmage on passing downs and is around the football too much for my liking.

Sincerely,

al golden

Put me in the camp of having no clue what they are thinking at CB.

We have:

SR: Howard, Crawford
JR: Burns, Elder
FR: Mayes

We need a minimum of 3 CBs this year. At this point we have Jackson and it seems like Lewis is our only guy leaning our way. If he bolts we are royally ****ed. We don't seem to be pursuing anyone else with a chance (both Davis' aren't coming).

This is a really bad situation and we are recruiting it like we are loaded. This is just another in the list that completely defies logic.

Maybe if you looked at the size of the corners were recruitiing that might answer your question

AL Golden is the excuse your looking for, Blake and Al both said we need to recruit a different kind of kid (whatever that means)

Advertisement
Mentioned it in another Fenton thread.

This wreaks to me of Jayron Hosley with Randy Shannon and the old staff.

Part 2

Cause Golden and staff don't like the kids size. Passing on Fenton will come back to bite them in the ***.:clapping2:

Last edited:

We have:

We need a minimum of 3 CBs this year. At this point we have Jackson and it seems like Lewis is our only guy leaning our way. If he bolts we are royally ****ed. We don't seem to be pursuing anyone else with a chance (both Davis' aren't coming).

This is a really bad situation and we are recruiting it like we are loaded. This is just another in the list that completely defies logic.

Couldn't agree more.

It seems like this staff is content with taking just 2 CBs this year after bringing in just 1 corner a year ago, which is bats*** insane. Golden admits we're very low on numbers at CB. Fenton is a stud from our own backyard and a HS that's been very good to us over the years. The only CB we seem to even be in the running for is Lewis. But you can't add just 1 premier corner in a two-year span -- and 3 altogether during that time period -- and feel even remotely content.

There's zero justification for this, just like most things this staff continues to royally botch. It would actually make sense to offer both Fenton and Arnette, considering we'll have 2 corners graduating after next season. Golden's comment about most teams having 10 scholarship CBs while we only have 5 was yet another attempt on his part to exaggerate the affect of sanctions, when in reality all it did was expose even further just how awful he is at managing a roster.

Last edited:
Maybe if you looked at the size of the corners were recruitiing that might answer your question

It's well-known that this staff has a size bias. Neglecting to offer Fenton because he's one inch shy of being 6'0" while ignoring everything else he brings to the table? That's incompetence of the highest order.

We have:

I assume that Howard/Burns/Elder will all be wearing red "Non contact" jerseys throughout Spring ball. You talk about rolling the dice that none of these kids get hurt or that none of them decide to rape/sexually assault/engage in marijuana in the offseason...Because this is extremely scary depth at that position. Esp a position that is so physical and injury prone.

We all know what is going to happen here. If DDavis doesn't come on board, Al will have Hurlie Brown or Ice call Fenton the night before NSD and offer him the scholie. Then say, "Oh, we gave the young man a chance to be apart of the U and he turned us down. What do you want us to do?" Like they did the Skai Moore mess.

Same script, different cast.

Advertisement
Not only that, but Fenton goes to Carol City. When was the last time we had a player from Carol City that didn't end up starting or being a major contributor? Bust rate virtually non existent (I don't count Gray, because he just got here).

Id have to go back to Ethnic Sands to think that far back....even then he contributed as a WR

Not only that, but Fenton goes to Carol City. When was the last time we had a player from Carol City that didn't end up starting or being a major contributor? Bust rate virtually non existent (I don't count Gray, because he just got here).

Id have to go back to Ethnic Sands to think that far back....even then he contributed as a WR

Allen Hurns man. Committed to RS in 2010.

Advertisement

Ethenic started at wr...and contributed.

Dude...Carol City players dont bust in college....their generally hard working ready to play kids...

even down to Eric Mankurr...@ DE in his early 40's was putting in work for us.

Dalvin Cook in this last cycle was recruited out of Carol City as thats his home school...his bro Burnett on our bball team went to CC.

If CC has a legit div 1 prospect with grades....U offer....

Ethenic started at wr...and contributed.

Dude...Carol City players dont bust in college....their generally hard working ready to play kids...

even down to Eric Mankurr...@ DE in his early 40's was putting in work for us.

Dalvin Cook in this last cycle was recruited out of Carol City as thats his home school...his bro Burnett on our bball team went to CC.

If CC has a legit div 1 prospect with grades....U offer....

What gogeta said is my same exact feelings towards Carol City that I've been preaching on here for a while now. Give me those Carol City kids!

I know am1640 would know more on it but Waynmon Steed 2017 Central Linebackers dad mentioned here that apparently Dalvins little bro James Cook '19 might be going to Central. James a two-way star from what's been said, can play RB and Safety. Dalvin played RB and DB for Central too, some people forget that. Great athletic bloodline from DeAndre, Dalvin, Anthony and James in that family.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I wonder if this has to do with this whole zone coverage thing again....for christs sake!

As a Bears fan I sat and watched Lovie Smith tell us they had no interest in Darrelle Revis because he wasn't a fit for zone coverage. Is this the same deal? If so..that really sucks.

Advertisement
Back