Can’t wait for another off season. That’s when we are back!

LoungeLord

Junior
Our glory days come now between the end of whatever bowl game we lose and the beginning of next season.

This is when guys are flying around making plays. Skinny guys put on muscle, fat guys are now lean, slow guys gained speed, clueless players got the system, Manny finally hired the right coaches, and without a doubt we are winning 10 plus games with a shot at the playoffs! These are our glory days!

This is when this board is heavy on rah rah chick emotion and light on football knowledge. When the season starts and reality sets in that all the sunshine pumped in here was just from a lightbulb, and Canes cats are even trying to commit suicide, it’s the knowledge that a new crop of Greentree all Americans will magically become stars in next years summer MNC!

Advertisement
Our glory days come now between the end of whatever bowl game we lose and the beginning of next season.

This is when guys are flying around making plays. Skinny guys put on muscle, fat guys are now lean, slow guys gained speed, clueless players got the system, Manny finally hired the right coaches, and without a doubt we are winning 10 plus games with a shot at the playoffs! These are our glory days!

This is when this board is heavy on rah rah chick emotion and light on football knowledge. When the season starts and reality sets in that all the sunshine pumped in here was just from a lightbulb, and Canes cats are even trying to commit suicide, it’s the knowledge that a new crop of Greentree all Americans will magically become stars in next years summer MNC!
E04204D5-3FA1-429A-994E-AA6F71EF2621.jpeg

This is going on the 5th offseason under Manny.

I have NO MORE wideeyed HOPE to give him and cannot stand more despair. The smell of impending doom still lingers in the air

I just simply want him gone. So we can live again

Advertisement
Who are you trying to fool? You're in hog heaven right now.
Yeah, I love being told by this board how with our talent level and Mannys hires, there’s no way we don’t win 10 plus games and compete for the ACC, only to barely squeak out a win against a school nobody’s heard of and is even better coached than we are.
I want us to win and I don’t want to be right and 90% of this board to be proven clueless. I’d trade that to all day long to see a quality football game. I was lambasted all off season for telling the truth and being right. Let that sink in. And now, you are doubling down on that behavior.

Will you at a minimum acknowledge that there is a disconnect between this board’s knowledge of football and this teams on field output?

Last edited:

We have 0 losses every off season.

Advertisement
Yeah, I love being told by this board how with our talent level and Mannys hires, there’s no way we don’t win 10 plus games and compete for the ACC, only to barely squeak out a win against a school nobody’s heard of and is even better coached than we are.
I want us to win and I don’t want to be right and 90% of this board to be proven clueless. I’d trade that to all day long to see a quality football game. I was lambasted all off season for telling the truth and being right. Let that sink in. And now, you are doubling down on that behavior.

Will you at a minimum acknowledge that there is a disconnect between this board’s knowledge of football and this teams on field output?
You know this is a fan site without any admission requirements. Have you been to a game and talking with the average attendee? Most don't chat you up with a detailed breakdown of the effectiveness of screen passes when facing a blitzing defense. They root for their team and enjoy the experience. Maybe people just don't like to be bombarded with negativity.

This is going on the 5th offseason under Manny.

I have NO MORE wideeyed HOPE to give him and cannot stand more despair. The smell of impending doom still lingers in the air

I just simply want him gone. So we can live again
You should be a writer for TV dramas.

Not before we know we start upping the qualifications for candidates. No more Goldens vs. Edsalls.

Funny how they raised the pay scale and still may have gotten one of our worst coaches ever. ( ok DC, **** poor HC)

I don't have much faith in the people currently making the decisions even with enhanced qualifications.

We need to bring in outside help ( a committee that includes JJ and other qualified people familiar with greatness) to make these types of decisions or recommendations.

Advertisement
Funny how they raised the pay scale and still may have gotten one of our worst coaches ever. ( ok DC, **** poor HC)

I don't have much faith in the people currently making the decisions even with enhanced qualifications.

We need to bring in outside help ( a committee that includes JJ and other qualified people familiar with greatness) to make these types of decisions or recommendations.
Please....JJ recommended to Shalala in 07 to hire Gary Patterson...she turns around and hires Shannon....

I read this in John Facenda's voice...glorious.

Advertisement

90% of the posters on all football boards are borderline fanatical or full-blown fanatical and so they
1. Demand the coaches be fired when their team underperforms based on their own unrealistic expectations
2. Only look at their own team's talent and cannot understand why their team ever losses a game

Cry more

Thats also when how many games an OL has played in makes the OL... Next offseason they will be the best ever.

Advertisement
Back