Camps, visits and the "Quiet Period"

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
Everyone is waiting for word from the NCAA regarding the reopening of recruit visits. Most expect that to happen as of June 1st. I've seen a few posts on various boards regarding limitations to this - it seems to me the expectation is that the "quiet period" will allow for only visits to campus, not camps. That's probably why we are seeing so many recruits posting "official visit" edits to various SEC schools.

Today, on the Clemson 247 board, their main writer shared some information she was told by people she speaks with.
The contact said that instead of June and July being quiet, that only June would be (in addition to August). And that June would be the only month where prospects could visit campus to workout, although not in a camp setting.

The next meeting is on April 15 and word on camps could surface then. Word on immediate transfer eligibility is expected then, too.

Advertisement
Everyone is waiting for word from the NCAA regarding the reopening of recruit visits. Most expect that to happen as of June 1st. I've seen a few posts on various boards regarding limitations to this - it seems to me the expectation is that the "quiet period" will allow for only visits to campus, not camps. That's probably why we are seeing so many recruits posting "official visit" edits to various SEC schools.

Today, on the Clemson 247 board, their main writer shared some information she was told by people she speaks with.
The contact said that instead of June and July being quiet, that only June would be (in addition to August). And that June would be the only month where prospects could visit campus to workout, although not in a camp setting.

The next meeting is on April 15 and word on camps could surface then. Word on immediate transfer eligibility is expected then, too.

Every time I think that the NCAA can't make this crap any more confusing, they exceed my expectations.

If anyone ever needed further clarification as to just how stupid the NCAA is, the handling of recruits and transfer rules has to be the absolute shining example of it. It's absolutely incredible to me.

You're like a dog who rubs his *** all over the carpet.

1616683221105.png

Advertisement

aka the ’top prospects visit tuscaloosa and rest a y’all programs eat dirt’ month.

Advertisement
Back