Camping World Kickoff Game 2017 (SCENARIO)

Paranos

All-ACC
The Camping World Kickoff classic game tries to Match the best southeast regional audience teams they can find and the 2017 Game is TBD. The Game generally matches up ACC vs SEC so with Miami having yet to finalize our 2017 schedule I am thinking it will be Miami vs either UGA or Auburn both teams would have to reschedule cream puff opening home games however for a nationally televised game I think either would do it.

Auburn would have to reschedule their home game on 9/2 with Georgia Southern, but the issue would be the following week they play at Clemson an I doubt they would want to risk starting the 2017 0-2 with Gus Malzhan's having been on the hot seat for the 1st half of the 2016 season. Also who knows what GA.So would want in order to mover their schedule around.

UGA would have to reschedule their home game on 9/2 with Appalachian State (that game could be moved to 2019). But the issue here would be the following week UGA plays at Notre Dame. But with ND coming off of a down year and the UGA fans/Admin having missed the chance to play against Coach Richt in the bowl game I think they would accept the risk an play the game. It would sell a lot of tickets and not to mention Kirby Smarts ego would make him want to play this game also.

The linchpin for this would be Miami not just beating WV but a double digit win in the RAB to finish the season strong with a dominant performance. Which I expect to happen.

So who would ya'll rather play in the 2017 Camping World Kickoff; Miami vs UGA or AUB?

Go Canes

Advertisement
In this hypothetical I want Georgia. Would be great to see our D against Chubb

I have to believe the most likely scenario is that we get a cupcake home game to fill out the schedule. We've got ND and VT at home next year plus FSU away so I can't see us adding another big game.

I have to believe the most likely scenario is that we get a cupcake home game to fill out the schedule. We've got ND and VT at home next year plus FSU away so I can't see us adding another big game.

We need a quality non conference opponent other than ND.

Go Canes

Advertisement

We need a quality non conference opponent other than ND.

Go Canes

Name 5 Power 5 schools that played 2 tough OOC games.

You won't be able to because barely anyone does that.

ND, FSU, OU, USC, UNC, Pitt, and vatech( by your definition of not including ND as a non-conf opponent). All played 2 tough OOC games in 2016.

Strength of schedule is important if Miami is going to get rolling again.

UM was built on playing anyone anytime anywhere.

Go Canes

ND, FSU, OU, USC, UNC, Pitt, and vatech( by your definition of not including ND as a non-conf opponent). All played 2 tough OOC games in 2016.

Go Canes

That's because we were an independent.

Advertisement

Go Canes

You tell him P-Man!

I really hope this comes to life because we desperately need an OOC opponent and I'd rather play a P5 than a cupcake. Looking at the schedule though, the 2 $EC schools with 2 cupcakes to open the schedule are Ole Miss and Mississippi St.

Clemson plays Auburn and South Carolina. FSU plays Alabama and UF. I can't believe I'm even going to type this, but for the first time ever, the Gators aren't being pussies, and are playing Michigan along with FSU. So, we could.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back