Cameron Cole

Advertisement
Another JUCO? Hmmm....Al definitely feeling the need for some immediate impact corners (hence Grimes, Dixon, I feel like I'm missing a couple, now Cole...)

Fort Scott (KS) Community College DB Cameron Cole was an under-the-radar recruit on Miami's campus for an official visit this weekend.

"It was good - I liked it a lot," Cole said.

So much so that he almost committed during the trip.

"The only reason I didn't is I promised my mother I wouldn't commit on my first visit," he said.

So now Cole will also take trips to Texas Tech and either Cincinnati or Indiana before making a final decision.

Cole says UM was his first scholarship offer - he received that two weeks ago. Since then Indiana, Cincinnati and New Mexico have come on board, and Texas Tech could offer him during an official visit there this coming weekend.

Cole was originally a Cincinnati commit out of high school in the Class of 2010. He sat out the fall while working on his academic standing - he was cleared by the NCAA in November - and then attended junior college starting in January. He will be a sophomore at the four-year college of his choice when he arrives.

And he says, more likely than not, that will be at Miami.

"Miami, they're at the top right now," Cole said. "I liked it a lot. But I'm going to see what these other schools are talking about. Most likely, though, Miami will be my final decision."

Cole is working through some Clearinghouse issues but says he hopes to attend somewhere starting in January.

"Most likely I'll decide where I'm going before Christmas," he said.

Cole played solid ball this past season but had no interceptions. Still, he caught the eye of UM coaches when they visited his school twice.

"They came up in the spring and were looking at me and Ladarius (Gunter, his teammate who is already committed to Miami)," Cole said. "They came back and offered us."

He adds that Ladarius "wants me to come to Miami with him. It would be nice playing with him."

During the visit this weekend Cole says Cane coaches "were talking about how they're looking for people with college experience to come in and help them out.

"Coach (Al) Golden and coach (Paul) Williams, they were talking about the depth chart, how they need corners. They were just talking about the program."

The highlight of his time at UM?

"The whole thing," Cole said. "Being from Cincinnati, just coming down to Miami was great."

Advertisement
North, have you been watching any Miami games over the past few years?

Compared to what we've HAD - my grandmother could double our effectiveness as a corner - but they won't let walkers or other hard objects on the football field.

North, have you been watching any Miami games over the past few years?

Compared to what we've HAD - my grandmother could double our effectiveness as a corner - but they won't let walkers or other hard objects on the football field.

I don't think this kid looked any better than what we had last year. Half of his highlights are him getting torched by the receiver only for the quarterback to horribly underthrow the ball. I get wanting experienced guys and that compared to last year anything is ok, but this kid isn't the answer. Gunter's tape wasn't jaw dropping, but I understand why they took him because he showed some promise and is experienced. I didn't see the same kind of promise from this kid, he's undersized and not very fast.

Advertisement
Back