Camaron Spence 2017 NG / DT as a Miami Prospect

Paranos

All-ACC
Camaron Spence 2017 NG / DT currently holds offers from OSU, UK, UMD, NCST, PSU, and USF. Spence transferred to IMG Academy this year, he is from the Baltimore area and previously attended Gilman HS in Maryland. The 6'5" 305lbs young man can play OT or DT but I think his future is as a budding two gap war-daddy type DT/NT who Miami needs to offer now an possibly lock up for the 2017 class, especially with Spence playing at IMG Academy I expect he will visit Coral Gables a few times. But before we get to ahead of things lets see how Spence performs against the major step up in competition level he will face at IMG Academy.

Spence plays with very good first step explosion for someone so big and young, he has also has impressive strength to hold the point of attack in double situations. A lot of the recruiting sites are projecting him at Off Tackle, but he really likes playing defense which is why I am thinking he could be a great get for Miami's two gap style of interior defensive line play but can also switch to a 1 gap an go for 3rd and long plays.

Here are 2017 DT/OT Camaron Spence's sophomore year highlights from 2014
[HUDL]athlete/2852422/highlights/201873375[/HUDL]

Here are his 2015 Junior yr highlights from IMG Academy
[HUDL]athlete/2852422/highlights/309639395[/HUDL]

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
There is no connection between this kid and Miami. Miami is not currently revruiting this kid.

Advertisement
Courtel Jenkins and everyone gave paranos took much credit for it. Al found him because the kid had talent. Not cuz some guy on a message board said he should recruit him.

I think his future is as a budding two gap war-daddy type DT/NT who Miami needs to offer now an possibly lock up for the 2017 class, especially with Spence playing at IMG Academy I expect he will visit Coral Gables a few times. But before we get to ahead of things lets see how Spence performs against the major step up in competition level he will face at IMG Academy.

So should we offer him or not?

I think his future is as a budding two gap war-daddy type DT/NT who Miami needs to offer now an possibly lock up for the 2017 class, especially with Spence playing at IMG Academy I expect he will visit Coral Gables a few times. But before we get to ahead of things lets see how Spence performs against the major step up in competition level he will face at IMG Academy.

So should we offer him or not?

Heck yeah Miami should give him an offer and start to recruit him.

Go canes

Last edited:
According to 247 sports Ohio St leads for Spence.
Buckeyes Lead For Top 2017 Defensive Tackle

It is a shame OSU can come into Florida an hand pick the kids they want. Miami is missing the boat on this kid big time.

But I guess since the staff is not interested, the kid must not have talent, lmao even though he is tailored made for Miami's defense.

Go Canes

Advertisement

It is a shame OSU can come into Florida an hand pick the kids they want. Miami is missing the boat on this kid big time.

But I guess since the staff is not interested, the kid must not have talent, lmao even though he is tailored made for Miami's defense.

Go Canes

Hand pick? The guy is from Maryland originally...this hardly counts. Not to mention he hasn't even committed...

Courtel Jenkins and everyone gave paranos took much credit for it. Al found him because the kid had talent. Not cuz some guy on a message board said he should recruit him.

How anybody can give Al credit for "finding a DT" is like giving the Gordon Fisherman credit for his fishing prowess. If we subtract the many many misses at DT/NG for Al and Donut we'd be in the negative. Point is Paranos knew of him and thought him good enough to recruit before Al. There really are no credits you can give Al outside of parlaying lack of coaching abilities into a $3 Million job.

hi

Go Canes

Spence named Ohio State his leader last year even before transferring to IMG:

Buckeyes lead for four-star OL

Spence's. Leader may have been his leader but now that he is at IMG Academy getting exposure to other schools I am thinking Miami and Coach Kul have a punchers chance with Spence.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back